PDA

View Full Version : 3.0TDI Quattro! WOW!!

ratty369
30-06-2009, 05:40 PM
My local Audi garage gave me an A4 3.0TDI Quattro as a courtesy car today, which i thought was bloody amazing. The torque and power was excellent and to me it felt like it was going round corners on rails!!

Now the problem is my A4 Avant 2.0TDI 143ps feels like a bus now!!

So its got me thinking......if was to have my car remapped would the power gains give me the same sort of feeling as the 3.0TDI?? I was perhaps thinking of the Bluefin map.

proff999
30-06-2009, 05:51 PM
No mate, Sadly not. I had a similar experience to you. Dropped of my A3 170 and got A4 3.0TDI and was stunned by the performance from an oil burner. Revo'd my A3 on it's return and still not happy. Ended up selling that sharpish and getting an A6 3.0TDI as it had 223bhp as opposed the 201bhp.

Very shrewd by the dealers in givings us these kind of courtesy cars as I imagine I'm not the only one to have done this.

smellster
30-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Mine was built last week, so not long for me to wait!

robtt09
01-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Done the first 2k in my 3.00tdi and really enjoying it.The auto box is excellent and better than my previous Merc 7 speeder auto (one gear too many) .Averaging 33mpg and over 40 on a motorway run with cruise set to 80mph.Quattro is worth every cent .Cannot understand Merc and BMW why thet do not bring over their 4x4 version of C class and 3 series.You see loads of them abroad.Must be they do not want to take sales off their SUV sales (or what is left of them) I imagine

Plife
01-07-2009, 11:58 AM
A remap would give you more power and torque. In my opinion is well worth the money. You would get nowhere near the 3.0 though I am afraid!

Superchips have a remap available but not sure if it is available in Bluefin yet. Drop them a line and ask. You should see gains up to around 170bhp. The advantage of Bluefin is you can take off the remap when you want.

ScottyUK
01-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Cannot understand Merc and BMW why thet do not bring over their 4x4 version of C class and 3 series.You see loads of them abroad.Must be they do not want to take sales off their SUV sales (or what is left of them) I imagine

Funny you should say that! I saw this yesterday (7 series M sport to get AWD) :

http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/tsn-motor-news/119375-awd-bmws-7-m-sport.html