PDA

View Full Version : Code reading with VAG com???

randall977
30-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi, I'm just about to take my B7 A4 and newly installed DIS stalk to a very helpful chap in Newbury where we are going to attempt to recode the car to accept the DIS. The instructions I have recieved from A8tech are as follows;

1. connect vag com
2. goto address 17
3. open adaption channel 19 and set the channel for dis 1,2
4. goto address 16 and change the code to allow dis

* 0?xxx: Steering Wheel
o 0 = Standard (without Multifunction)
o 1 = 3-Spoke Steering Wheel (Sport Steering Wheel)
o 2 = Multifunction Steering Wheel with Radio Control
o 3 = Multifunction Steering Wheel with Radio/Telephone Control
o 4 = Multifunction Steering Wheel with Radio/Telephone/Voice Control
o 5 = Multifunction Steering Wheel with Radio/Voice Control
* 0x?xx: Options
o +1 = Tiptronic
* 0xx?x: Board Computer & Cruise Control
o 0 = Board Computer & Cruise Control not installed
o 1 = Board Computer installed
o 2 = Cruise Control installed
o 4 = Board Computer & Cruise Control installed
* 0xxx?: Rear Wiper (Chassis)
o 1 = Rear Wiper not installed (Sedan/Cabriolet)
o 2 = Rear Wiper installed (Avant)

As I don't have VAG com and didn't scan my car before fitting the new stalk am I going to run into big problems? The guy who is going to help me does not have a great deal of experinence either. Is there anything I should know before undertaking what appears from the instructions above to be a simple task???

bearthebruce
01-07-2009, 02:43 PM
When you connect VAG-COM, first thing to do is to run an AutoScan and save it. That way as begin making changes, you can at least revert back to the original coding of the module.

Physically changing the stalk should not have changed anything material in the coding of the modules.

You are going to need a current version of VCDS - the new name for VAG-COM - to make this work on your B7 A4. You need a HEX style interface that has CAN capability. If you buddy does not have a current version of VCDS and does not have a HEX style interface, then don't bother trying to do this. The B7 A4 has particularly crazy connection issues and only the HEX style interface works with it. I know, I drove one when they first came out.

kite
01-07-2009, 03:06 PM
I have the latest VCDS ;)

simwilk
02-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Newbie:1zhelp:

Hi ive just rejoined the forum after a good few months away. I have the latest vag com and like yourself have just fitted cruise and the DIS wiper stalk to my S line avant 55 plate b7. I cannot get the code for the cruise to stay in the controller it reverts back to 00000 although it says the controller (Steering wheel control module ) has accepted the new code. Audi dealer tells me the controller on myn car should not need replacing for the new mods but they tell m,e the last letter of the part number should be R and not S but im at a loss,and I know i am going to have to pin out number 1 to earth for the washer bottle later. If there is any help out there I would realy appreciate it.

Simon