PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Airbag warning light

fubar84
30-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Hi guys, this is my first post on the sight:

I had an IO Play bluetooth car kit fitted to my 2006 A3 Sportback yesterday and I only noticed on the way home (yeah I know - eagle eyes!) that the airbag warning light (not passenger light) has come on permanently.

Am I correct in saying that even if there is no actual airbag fault the light will only go off with the use of Audi's VAG Com?

When getting access to behind the dash the bloke removed the entire glove box unit, removing connection to the passenger airbag in the process, can this cause the light to come on?

If its not that then I'm at a loss for ideas, but the bloke was working in and under the passenger A pillar trim, gearstick gaiter/trim and also behind the headlight switch and trim around the steering wheel.

Finally are the airbag sensors/wiring for my model under the driver's seat? I'll have a look there for connection (though the seats hardly been moved since I first took posession of the car)

Thanks in advance,

Ben

keniken
30-06-2009, 09:42 AM
When the bloke took off the glove box, he should have switched off the passenger airbag with the key before disconnecting it. Thats what has caused the airbag fault. This fault can be reset using vag com...

fubar84
30-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Ah, good news! Surely even Audi can't charge that much for this job...

I'll post an update once I've found a VAG Com user and reset it or gone to Audi and sold my left kidney/soul to cover the cost.

Cheers Keninken,

slimbaldy
04-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi bit late and just for info, they do have sensors for the airbags in the seats. I had one fail on me once.....

PeteOwen
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
that the airbag warning light (not passenger light) has come on permanently.

Am I correct in saying that even if there is no actual airbag fault the light will only go off with the use of Audi's VAG Com?

Finally are the airbag sensors/wiring for my model under the driver's seat? I'll have a look there for connection (though the seats hardly been moved since I first took posession of the car)

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Hi,

Just wondering ifyou sorted the air bag warning light problem, and what was the outcome?

I have the same problem, bought a VAG scanner,shows 2 faults on drvers seat airbag but will not reset the faults.

Faults code is 01217 - Side Airbag Igniter drivers side (N199)
possibly resistance too high or upper limit exceeded? Causes are possibly faulty igniter or wiring.

As I have very limited knowledge of this issue, any help apprecited.

I have located the wiring plug connector under drivers seat, all looks ok, but how to check if it's OK, and Where the igniter is located I haven't a clue.

Any help/advise much apprecited:1zhelp:

A3 Sport TDi 2.0 2004

stynesy
24-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Hi bit late and just for info, they do have sensors for the airbags in the seats. I had one fail on me once.....

How did you go about changing the sensor and where is it,