PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth handsfree

kiwibeef
07-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Has anyone intergrated a bluetooth handsfee kit into the factory stereo??

sean red i
07-04-2007, 11:41 AM
yes mate has had a parrot system intergrated into symphony system.

kiwibeef
07-04-2007, 10:34 PM
yeah, I've heard of that but far as I'm aware that isn't available in nz. I've found it on online stores but they dont seem to export. If you know of one that does please let me know..

Cheers Bro..

Froggy
11-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Which head unit have you got and which mobile phone?

kiwibeef
12-04-2007, 05:24 AM
I've got symphony II, and me moby is a Nokia N73...

Froggy
12-04-2007, 11:32 AM
There's a number of ways you can achieve this, although what you can buy in your market may restrict you slightly.

The Symphony II has a proper phone input on the rear connector. (D Chamber) It should be labelled on the lid of the unit. Look for the Tel + , Tel - and Tel Mute connections.

If you get a Nokia car kit for your phone (let me know which models are available in NZ) it will have 4 connections on it. Permanent 12v, Switched/Ignition 12v, Earth, and Mute. In addition there will be a loudspeaker output. You need to connect the Mute to the Tel Mute line on the radio, and then cut the loudspeaker off the loudspeaker connection and connect the 2 wires for that, to the Tel + and Tel - connections on the radio.

When your phone rings the radio will show PHONE on the display, and play the call through the front speakers, all automagically :Blush:

kiwibeef
13-04-2007, 06:33 AM
The nokia CK-1W & CK-7W (the CK-1W being about NZ$60 cheeper) car kits are available in NZ, What you said sounds pretty straight forward

Cheers Bro:beerchug:

Froggy
13-04-2007, 10:14 AM
The CK-7W is the better kit, it's a "proper" POP port unit, and depending on how you fit it, doesn't have to rely on the Bluetooth connection. (It's what I use as well) ;)

The connection to the head unit remains very similar though.

Hope it works out for you.

kiwibeef
14-04-2007, 03:31 AM
oh okay, i want to mount the phone in the centre arm rest so as to keep things lookin stock.. where have you mounted yours?? is it possible for you to post a pic??

thanks for ya help..:approve:

guyg
15-04-2007, 09:13 AM
My preference would be the Parrot CK3100 because you can keep your phone in your pocket as all the controls and phone book transfer to the parrot when you switch the ignition on and you get full caller display and ID.

The kit is plug and play as it has an in-line ISO connector that goes in between the head unit and the car's ISO block. [Do Japaneese spec cars use ISO connectors?]

The Parrot is available in NZ but is a bit pricey at $499NZD
http://www.ferrit.co.nz/4310885.html
http://www.expansys.co.nz/p.aspx?i=112175
http://www.carline.co.nz/site/story.asp?bid=0&storyid=253

They're available in the UK for around £89 inc VAT [~ $240NZD].

Some UK suppliers may be willing to export; if you can't find one that will, I'd be happy to post one on to you if you got it delivered within the UK. I have friends in the US that do this for me when stuff is cheaper there...

Cheers

Guy

kiwibeef
15-04-2007, 09:44 AM
:yikes: blimey, just had a butchers at those links (cheers for that) your not wrong near on 500 notes is pricey, quess its the price you pay when you live on the bottom of the world aye.. cheers for your offer too mate, may take you up on that!

onzarob
15-04-2007, 10:08 AM
I have a nokia ck-7w and use it with a N70. I also got a charger that holds the phone in the lighter socket so no holes needed drilling. the kit fits in the space behind the setreo so you don't even see it.

it also fully intergrated into the stereo, so no need to manually mute the stereo.

Rob:D

guyg
15-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Here's a link for the Parrot - I bought an Alpine Head unit from them last year, lowest price in the Uk and the service was great...

http://www.audio66.co.uk/product.asp?id=5354&mod=Parrot-CK3100&cat=0&man=35&main=3&userid=263150980391875285069444&firstsel=&variation=

Guy

Froggy
16-04-2007, 10:30 AM
oh okay, i want to mount the phone in the centre arm rest so as to keep things lookin stock.. where have you mounted yours?? is it possible for you to post a pic??

thanks for ya help..:approve:

I used a Dashmount bracket by the side of the radio in my A4, you can mount it centre armrest but routing the cables, and mounting the holder is likely to be a bit of a pain. (I did it in my old S3 with a 6310i, but had an additional handset for ease of use).

Piccy of the mount here; http://www.dashmount.co.uk/aditsnov/71266.htm

kiwibeef
17-04-2007, 08:41 AM
oh aye, i'm not a fan of the dash mounted carkits, i'm sure it'll be and pig to fit in the centre armrest but think it would be better - i'm abit of a fussy bugger on this sort of thing...thanks for posting the pics

BandAid
21-04-2007, 11:15 AM
DVD Navigation Plus
I've ordered a 2007 A4 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro S-Line with a DVD sat nav (the Navigation Plus)

I don't want a GSM phone cradle and so didn't order the GSM phone preparation.

I've since spoken to the Audi dealer as I want a Bluetooth handsfree solution that uses the Navigation Plus' phone interface. They say that I have to use a third party company who can only offer me a Parrot type solution with a separate screen stuck on my dashboard.

I've looked at several Audi forums that suggest that US units need a separate interface whereas the European units have Bluetooth functionality already built in. (I live in the UK)

Can anyone tell me how I get my Navigation Plus sat nav talking to my mobile via Bluetooth?

Many thanks in anticipation.

John D (BandAid)

michaelahill
25-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Good set of posts! I hadn't thought about using a setting up bluetooth in my A4 But now im thinking about it! I will look into getting one when i finally get the new iphone from Apple.