PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filter - Octavia 2 - 1.4

sparrow
29-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi,

I'm a newbie and and must say I'm very impressed with VW Audi Forum!

I'm planning to do an oil change on mt '05 Octy 2 1.4. I 'googled' this recently and came up with a few things I hadn't expected - One site said that the old cannister type oil filter has been replaced with a cartridge system (I think the topic covered TDi and VRS engines only) and this needed to be 'bled' before removal.

Anyway, after I finally managed to get the engine cover off my own car (was sure i was going to break something it took so much effort!) I had a look at the oil filter and think it is the 'old' style cannister type! - I'm a bit worried and need to be sure what I'm doing before I procedd with oil and filter change - Are there any pitfalls? I've always driven old cars and did just about anything a DIYer can on them - Just a bit spooked by the new stuff.

Sorry for the long winded post an dhope some one can advise.

Thanks,

Sparrow :o

VAGMAN54
29-06-2009, 08:51 PM
i think there is some ******** involved somewhere,if you need to convert it...........how ? if you find out give the forum a laugh and post it.......if yours is a cartridge replace it with a new cartride if its a cannister replace it with a new cannister .........forget any conversions and welcome to the forum

sparrow
29-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks VAGMAN54,

Sometimes Google can raise more questions than answers! Remember opening a medical dictionary a while ago - Spent the next few weeks like a friggin hypocondriac! Thought I was goingto snuff it! :yikes:

By Monday next i will either have wrecked the car or will have completed the job.

Graet forum guys!

VAGMAN54
29-06-2009, 09:52 PM
ha,ha i like it happy motoring .................