PDA

View Full Version : Front foglight anomaly

cs2009
29-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I have just noticed a strange issue with my new Golf. If the headlights are on (either manually or on auto), the offside front foglight is sometimes on as well, even though the foglight switch is fully pressed in.

Is this correct, or is there a fault somewhere ?

Chris.

AdC
29-06-2009, 10:13 AM
I don't know, but isn't there a function where one comes on as you turn a sharp corner at a very low speed with the headlights on (i.e. to assist your vision)?

cs2009
29-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Sounds plausible.

Come to think of it, the steering wheel may well have been turned to the right when I noticed this effect.

VictorPapa
29-06-2009, 10:57 AM
I have just noticed a strange issue with my new Golf. If the headlights are on (either manually or on auto), the offside front foglight is sometimes on as well, even though the foglight switch is fully pressed in.

Is this correct, or is there a fault somewhere ?

Chris.

Try turning the steering to the opposite side and you should find that the nearside light comes on and the offside one goes out....as they're supposed to. Centre the steering and they both go out.

cs2009
29-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks, problem solved.

Chris.

onzarob
29-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks, problem solved.

Chris.

And the problem was?

james_tiger_woo
29-06-2009, 01:02 PM
As I found the other night, this feature is not all that useful - it works, but if your headlights are already one, I don't think it provides much illumination...

kodkod.84
29-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a cheap and cheerful version of adaptive cornering lights :D

WeegieBob
29-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Funny how some folks like things and others don't - I've found this function really useful when manouvering into my garage as it illuminates the right hand side of the entrance as I swing into it.

In the US most cars have this function now, so its only a matter of time before most have it here I suppose, much like the day-time running lights which will be manditory in a couple of years time.