PDA

View Full Version : My new Lava Grey S Line

B19RAK
28-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Took delivery on Friday morning just before the rain. Haven't had the chance to take it for a good run yet just a lot of town driving.

First thoughts are this Multitronic box is far more advanced and refined then the one in my previous B6. The 143TDi is a peach of a engine, smooth, quiet and refined. It never seems to rev much more the 2000 rpm unless you floor it. I've also noticed that it does step up or down a gear if it needs to, something older boxes never did. Feels much more like a traditional gearbox. The sport function seems to be pretty good too with simulated gear changes. Only tried the manual mode a few times, feels weird having 8 cogs to play with.

I've got the 19" RS4 alloys on 20mm sport suspension. Initial thoughts are the ride is as firm as my previous 330d M Sport but it handles well enough. A little lean around the corners but not very noticeable. I hope the ride height drops slightly. I'm expecting it to with a few hundred miles as it all starts to bed in.

The interior is a lovely place to be. I did place an order for a new C Class before the A4 but as they weren't accepting new orders for the spec i wanted i went with the A4. The C Class in comparison is a very cheap interior and lacks the class of the A4. The flap that covers the multimedia screen is a cheap feeling after thought. The C Class did drive beautifully and cosseted on the motorway. I know the A4 feels much firmer but i hope it all settles down with a few thousand miles.

The B&O sound system is superb and the general control you have over the cars various options is second to none.

BTW....mine came with Chrome exhausts:biglaugh:

Anyway some pics of delivery and ill post some more soon....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/b19rak/IMG_0248.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/b19rak/IMG_0247.jpg

Black Phantom
28-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Very nice! Were you camping out at the dealer waiting for the delivery truck?:D

kodkod.84
28-06-2009, 11:05 PM
That doesn't seem very cost effective to me delivering one car at a time to a dealership lol, is it being delivered to your work car park?

B19RAK
28-06-2009, 11:53 PM
That doesn't seem very cost effective to me delivering one car at a time to a dealership lol, is it being delivered to your work car park?

Delivered to me at Coventry FC, Ricoh Arena, had a meeting there in the morning.

pitch3110
29-06-2009, 11:06 AM
That looks the nuts and is just the colour and wheel combo I will order.

I had set on a 170 manual, but am thinking 143 auto at times.........

Will be interested to hear how it goes and what you think

ta

Jop
29-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey, nice looking car. I like the way it was delivered to a meeting.

BTW....mine came with Chrome exhausts:biglaugh:

Thats good news, i think its just the TFSI's thats shipping without them then.

kavithakrar
29-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey, nice looking car. I like the way it was delivered to a meeting.

Thats good news, i think its just the TFSI's thats shipping without them then.

My TFSI delivered 4 weeks ago had the chrome exhausts...

Sportwag
29-06-2009, 01:24 PM
My dealer has advised that S-Lines (MY2010) are coming through with Chrome on the exhausts and is not aware of any change to this.

kavithakrar
29-06-2009, 01:29 PM
BTW... ACE CHOICE...

I have the same colour/wheel combo (s-line as well) and think it is the best choice possible... better than the other greys, silvers, whites or colours. :D

People think colours are personal choice, they are wrong... LAVA GREY is the best, other choices are less good! :biglaugh:

B19RAK
29-06-2009, 03:21 PM
BTW... ACE CHOICE...

I have the same colour/wheel combo (s-line as well) and think it is the best choice possible... better than the other greys, silvers, whites or colours. :D

People think colours are personal choice, they are wrong... LAVA GREY is the best, other choices are less good! :biglaugh:

You are f**k**g right:beerchug:

Plife
29-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Nice car. The pics make it look black! :beerchug:

B19RAK
29-06-2009, 04:25 PM
That looks the nuts and is just the colour and wheel combo I will order.

I had set on a 170 manual, but am thinking 143 auto at times.........

Will be interested to hear how it goes and what you think

ta

I had the same sort of dilemma. The 170 cost much more on a monthly basis and in my opinion is not worth the xtra. Nothing a £350'ish remap would not sort out;)

The auto combination works very well. I've just come from a remapped 265bhp 330cd M Sport and i am more then happy with my A4.

pitch3110
29-06-2009, 10:31 PM
I had the same sort of dilemma. The 170 cost much more on a monthly basis and in my opinion is not worth the xtra. Nothing a £350'ish remap would not sort out;)

The auto combination works very well. I've just come from a remapped 265bhp 330cd M Sport and i am more then happy with my A4.

Thats interesting (the 170 bit). In the process of sorting a Bluefin for wifey's ED30 GTI. A helthy increase from 230 to 300bhp.

Ummm, 143 + multi + Bluefin....now that sounds good (if available)

Plife
30-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Thats interesting (the 170 bit). In the process of sorting a Bluefin for wifey's ED30 GTI. A helthy increase from 230 to 300bhp.

Ummm, 143 + multi + Bluefin....now that sounds good (if available)
Here ya go http://www.superchips.co.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&task=searchcat&Itemid=134

No 70bhp increase I am afraid!!

pitch3110
30-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Ta...no bluefin though yet.

I like the thought of flashing back to standard may every now and then