PDA

View Full Version : Question ECU Remapping - Need advice & Help!!

deadly4u2nv
28-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi Peeps

Firstly i'd like to say this is the first time i have bought a golf - i aquired mine in jan 2009 second hand 2005 reg (mark 5 1.9 tdi) - i have been driving it for 6 months now and boy is it fantastic - cannot belive i was missing out so much fun - my plan now is to slowly to make some mods to it (not too hardcore) i have just aquired some gti 17" vw monza II alloys which i will be putting on soon - Enuff of that back to the main point

I would like to know if remapping the ecu is safe and also how does this impact the whole car and which parts i.e exhaust, pistons, turbo , injectors fuel, etc

How much Torque/BHP will i get after a remap on my current settings 250T/105HP for my golf. Does anyone have rough ides

Thirdly i have been quoted about £380.00 for remapping mine (which i think is bloody expensive) - anyone know of a place in berks/bucks that will do it any cheaper.

Please feel free to comment

motechmike
29-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi .. Welcome to the forum!

We can offer a re-map for £280 all in and were in Northampton .. Not to far for you.
We do many of the PD105's there really nice to tune. As the turbo is little its gives a nice kick in each gear.. We see a good 135-140hp and 285+lbt

As for the extra stress on the car its really the turbo and the clutch.. Just keep on top and use good oil and look after ur clutch and you will be fine..

Hope this helps a little,

Thanks Mike