PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - MMI / Satnav query

rfmacaskill
28-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi all,

Just bought a A6 avant 3.2 quattro 05' plate. This is my first Audi with MMI.

Am a bit confused by all the threads re MMI software updates etc and need some enlightenment!

I have software version 2120 with a 2006 Sat Nav DVD. If I simply buy the latest 2009 satnav version will this upgrade my MMI to the current (5000) version at the same time?

I enquired at the local dealer re retro fitting AMI and they said my current MMI software wouldn't accept this upgrade. I therefore asked if I could get a software upgrade but they simply said 'no'!? I'm therefore having Gateway 500 with iPhone blue tooth installed this coming Tuesday by a local Audio company. In saying that I'd still like to upgrade the MMI software if I can.

Thanks, Ross

nobbyuk
29-06-2009, 01:09 PM
The MMI and NAV are separate systems. Getting the latest Nav won't update your MMI.

You need to obtain the MMI 5570 CDs. The first of the three will update you from 2120 to 5100 (or somewhere about there), then CD 3 will take you to 5570. CD2 will update the bluetooth, if fitted. Sounds like you don't have factory fit BT, so problably won't need CD 2. I'm not sure if there is anything else that gets updated from CD 2, no doubt someone will confirm.

You can do the update yourself. The CDs can be obtained from the dealer or there are other sources.

If you get hold of the 2009 Navigation DVD, then that will contain the relevant update to the Nav software which will autoload when you first fire it up.

HTH
Dave

rfmacaskill
29-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks Dave, appreciate the clarification. Now to start the hunt for software cd's...!

R;)

Issac Hunt
29-06-2009, 02:54 PM
They are £5 from your local dealer.