PDA

View Full Version : Question Best way to safely remove baked in bug remains?

curiousgeorge
28-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Is there a suitable pre-treatment? I find that if I try to wash them off while doing the main body wash there are always some remains.

Col
28-06-2009, 10:48 AM
There probably is some special stuff but I always wet them first with plenty of bubbles then wash the rest then come back to them.

Liken it to soaking a Sunday Roasting tin for an hour before you clean it.

Saying all that, I'd also like to know a better way. The only way I can think of would be snow foam.

elitedetailer
28-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Is there a suitable pre-treatment? I find that if I try to wash them off while doing the main body wash there are always some remains.

Hi

Spray some R222 Total Auto Wash (http://www.elitedetailer.com/cgi-bin/hcat_catalogue.cgi?fa=display&id=3&crid=&cmrid=1&cmpid=2) over the area and let it soak in for a few mins. Then wash the car as normal and the remains will come off easy peasey.

Regards
EliteDetailer :beerchug:

Plife
29-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi

Spray some R222 Total Auto Wash (http://www.elitedetailer.com/cgi-bin/hcat_catalogue.cgi?fa=display&id=3&crid=&cmrid=1&cmpid=2) over the area and let it soak in for a few mins. Then wash the car as normal and the remains will come off easy peasey.

Regards
WIll this strip the wax?

onzarob
29-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I use Maguires detailer spare and a clean microfibre cloth for the stubborn bits left after washing. Works a treat and doen't remove the wax...which to be honest is the reason the flies don't stick that well it got a good layer of wax on ;)

elitedetailer
29-06-2009, 11:02 AM
WIll this strip the wax?

Hi

It is stronger than a normal shampoo but with a couple of coats of Zaino it won't really strip by much at all.

Spray it on and then afterwards wash the car as normal.

Regards

curiousgeorge
30-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I've just seen Autoglym Active Insect Remover. Much cheeper and you can also carry it in you car and clean the windscreen with it during motorway trips.

Slick
06-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Tesco's do a good insect remover, very cheap and doesnt strip wax.

All you do is apply a few sprays to your car and you can easily wipe the bugs away

Christian6984
18-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Heard good thing about Einszett Anti-Insekt Bug + Tar Concentrate, which is dilutable for removing bugs or tar can be made up to different strengths.

rallymad_nad
26-08-2009, 09:33 AM
You need something that will cling for a while so try to find something with a foaming head. Tbh, I would have thought that most will strip some wax/sealant back so always best to reapply, even if only in localised areas. I just use a 5/1 mix of any APC/MPC.

elitedetailer
26-08-2009, 09:09 PM
You need something that will cling for a while so try to find something with a foaming head. Tbh, I would have thought that most will strip some wax/sealant back so always best to reapply, even if only in localised areas. I just use a 5/1 mix of any APC/MPC.

Hi

A foaming head is not necessary. Something like R222 Total Autowash will easily remove the bug remains through a standard sprayer.

On a side note, after a few coats of Zaino, the bugs should come off quite easily with standard washing with warm shampoo'd water.

Regards

rallymad_nad
27-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Hi

A foaming head is not necessary. Something like R222 Total Autowash will easily remove the bug remains through a standard sprayer.

On a side note, after a few coats of Zaino, the bugs should come off quite easily with standard washing with warm shampoo'd water.

Regards

I think for the majority of people there is cheaper stuff which is just as good. For starters Bilthambers Degreaser, which is also biodegradable as well.

My point was if you use something that clings, it can work longer and therefore won't need to be as harsh. This is the same ethos behind Snow foam as opposed to TFR's. Acidic tfr will remove bugs, won't do the surface much good though.

elitedetailer
27-08-2009, 12:54 AM
I think for the majority of people there is cheaper stuff which is just as good. For starters Bilthambers Degreaser, which is also biodegradable as well.

My point was if you use something that clings, it can work longer and therefore won't need to be as harsh. This is the same ethos behind Snow foam as opposed to TFR's. Acidic tfr will remove bugs, won't do the surface much good though.

Hi

R222 TAW is the best as well as the safest cleaner on the market. It is safe on pretty much any surface you apply it on. Granted it isn't the cheapest but the best things in life rarely are. The Bilt Hamber degreaser is still a decent product and we will be stocking the full range from next week when the new revamped site goes live.

We would not recommend any TFR for this kind of use.

Regards

mav696
26-03-2010, 12:33 PM
I've found if you soak a towel and then put it over the area for a good 10-15 mins then it seems to soften them up and they come of pretty easy anyway.