PDA

View Full Version : Anyone removed a door interior yet?

Malarith
27-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately the rear windows have been put down with baby sun screens atttached to them and the screen window sucker has vanished into the door. So I was wondering, does anyone have any instructions on how to remove the rear door interior on a 5 door 1.4 TSI SE? Much appreciated.

Malarith
17-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Sorry to bump this, but the door was hungry today and comsumed another sucker. Wife hit the wrong button again when in a bit of a flap, screaming babies can do that ;)

I'm a getting a little worried about them getting snagged on something inside the door and breaking the electric lifter mechanism, and after replacing 5 of the poxy things on my old MKIV I know they are ruddy expensive.

I've removed the visible screw at the bottom, and I've removed the middle door insert which revealed another 2 screws which I've also removed, but still no joy and I'm reluctant just to give it a tug as I don't want to snap anything.

I've tried removing the top insert to see if there are any more screws hiding there, but that seems very well attached and didn't want to force it for fear of breaking something.

Again any help is much appreciated! :)

james_tiger_woo
18-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Found this - http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82260 - It looks pretty comprehensive :)

Malarith
18-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks for that :) I'm really looking for rear door instructions though. Also I could very well be mistaken, but isn't that a MKV rather than a MKVI? :confused:

james_tiger_woo
18-08-2009, 10:51 AM
It does start with "This was done on my 2009 4 door car, but 2 door is similar if not exact" so I'd've assumed it's a MK6... Sorry if not!

And I'd misread the rear door point - I'd've thought the point/principle would be the same though....

Malarith
18-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I'll see if its useful tonight when I'm going to be a bit braver and give it a tug and see what happens. Thanks again :)

james_tiger_woo
18-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I'll see if its useful tonight when I'm going to be a bit braver and give it a tug and see what happens. Thanks again :)

Good luck and be brave - I had to when replacing my stereo and, er, things did snap :)

Malarith
18-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Good luck and be brave - I had to when replacing my stereo and, er, things did snap :)
Your filling me full of confidence ;)

james_tiger_woo
18-08-2009, 11:31 AM
You're filling me full of confidence ;)

The stereo surround required some "persuasion" to come off....

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dhNvt8h5OeE/Sf9R3KrdrNI/AAAAAAAACBI/AwP3gWlyekY/s800/01052009296.jpg

As you can see above - there's a missing clip at the top (by the gear lever) and one on the bottom left now missing. It did, however, go back on fine.

I've taken an A4's door interior off before and there was the obligatory extra screw and one screw that was too short afterwards (fixed that though :))

Malarith
19-08-2009, 08:24 AM
I managed to successfully remove one of them last night. Unfortunately the batteries on the camera were flat so when I remove the other side I'll take photos for future reference.

james_tiger_woo
19-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Did the instructions help?