PDA

View Full Version : Starting issue

txfiero87
27-06-2009, 07:11 AM
2000 VW Beetle 2.0 standard.

(sorry for long post- newbie)

Bought this car used for my wife in Oct of 08. They had replaced the window switch they said. New battery and water pump.

The air bag light would come on and go out every now and then. Then stayed on. Then the check engine light came on and went out and stayed out for a while. Then came on again first of Jan.

The radio had an issue so we changed the radio with factory replacement. Everything ok there.

In Jan 09 I was in a wreck the rear drivers quarter panel damaged. Some air bags deployed. The radio flew out of the holder.

The car was taken to a shop for repair and after a problem on the guys insurance the car sat for quite sometime. The battery drained. When everything resolved finally the other day, I went to get car and it wouldn't start even with a jump. It would crank but not start. We added gas still nothing.

The car is getting sprak, has compression, you can hear the fuel pump turning on an it shot fuel when I checked it. I tested all fuses with a meter and they seem good. The car turns over, cranks but it is like it is not getting fuel. I thought we flooded it but it wasn't that.

Any ideas on what could be causing this. I also heard somewhere that the car will not start without the radio. The radio has come up missing from the wreck and we have no idea where it is. Is this true?

Thanks for any input! Out of ideas