PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Alert - 3.0 TDi remaps

avant_adam
26-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi there - new round here so thought I'd start with what must be a common question.

Just bought a 3.0 TDi quattro avant (240 PS) and am interested in the relatively cheap tunes available for the car through a number of reputable sites (not sure if I can mention the names without moderator input - superchips? MTM?)

My simple question is what do these do in real world terms to the performance of the car? In gear - what sort of improvements will I see? How does it affect driveability?

Any advice appreciated. I did a search but didn't turn much up.

Thanks

Adam

Cocteau
27-06-2009, 08:28 AM
3.0 TDi remaps - why?:beerchug:

avant_adam
27-06-2009, 10:06 AM
3.0 TDi remaps - why?:beerchug:

Why not?

Seriously though - I prevously had a Saab 9-3 Aero that I had Hirsch tuned (official tuner for Saab) and it transformed it from a car that felt a little muted to one that was great. Not just faster but more pleasant to drive. It made the car feel lighter on its toes.

I've seen that it is relatively cheap to tune the Audi (£400 or so) so wondered if the consensus was that it was worthwhile or not. Try it - you might like it!

Adam

RickT
27-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi,

We have a few turners on board here at the forum who sponser us and provide you, the member discounts etc.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Cheers

Rick