PDA

View Full Version : A6 Suspension

evsi
26-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help. I picked up my 09 A6 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line (mouthfull) a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it apart from the the ride on our back roads.

Unfortunately i live in a fairly rural area and the S-Line set up just isn't compatible and was wondering does anyone know if the SE spec shock absorbers would fit my car or are they too long for the shorter springs etc?

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Thanks guys,

Jon. :D

Crasher
26-06-2009, 01:29 PM
There are quite a lot of parts that need changing to soften the ride back to comfort spec, I am sure the dealer would be able to advise you.

evsi
26-06-2009, 01:36 PM
There are quite a lot of parts that need changing to soften the ride back to comfort spec, I am sure the dealer would be able to advise you.

Thanks for the reply mate.

I have tried the dealer but they're not interested. I just thought it would take the edge off by using the SE shocks. If i could find out that they would fit, i'd give it a go.

Cheers.

Crasher
26-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I think most of what you dislike will be from the springs. Yours will have 1BE sports suspension and you need to convert to 1BA comfort suspension which is dampers, springs and bump stops all round.

paul b
28-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Try an Eibach pro kit. I fitted a set to my mate's 2009 Audi A3 Sportback S-Line and made a huge difference. A bone shaking, overly stiff ride was converted to a firm, yet not too stiff ride.

I'm looking for a set of the Eibach pro kit springs for my A6 for the right money.

evsi
29-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the replies all :beerchug: