PDA

View Full Version : cruise communication probs

Ben
06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
I've decided to get cruise control fitted to my car. £150.00 all in from VW Tamworth. Great i thought. However.......

They can't get the car and the new cruise unit to code in to each other. so they have had to contact Germany for advice and they will need to have my car back in.

Them having my car is no inconvenience as they collect it from my work and return it to me later.

What could the problem be?

Ben

Ben
23-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Well, VW came back and advised to check the wiring. Pleased to say it all work perfectly now.

Vdubba
23-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi is VW Tamworth a independent or dealer?
cause that was a good price,did they supply and fit?
how long did they have your car?
can you give me the phone number!

Vdubba :beerchug:

Ben
30-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Its Ventura Vw tamworth, a dealer. £150 is standard price all in inc labour. they are supposed have the car for one day. (not in my case tho)

Go to the dealer locator on Vw.co.uk for all contact phone numbers. Speak to amie in service (quite a looker) 01827 317000 option 3 i think.

I only went to Tamworth as they collected my car from my work and returned it to me.

You should ask at VW on stratford road in Shirley or the nearest dealer to your work as they may also do a free collect and return service. No need for booking time off or a loan car.

Ben

Eshrules
30-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Its Ventura Vw tamworth, a dealer. £150 is standard price all in inc labour. they are supposed have the car for one day. (not in my case tho)

Go to the dealer locator on Vw.co.uk for all contact phone numbers. Speak to amie in service (quite a looker) 01827 317000 option 3 i think.

I only went to Tamworth as they collected my car from my work and returned it to me.

You should ask at VW on stratford road in Shirley or the nearest dealer to your work as they may also do a free collect and return service. No need for booking time off or a loan car.

Ben

£150 all in is quite a good rate... im after cruise con on mine when i have the funds.... achy foot syndrome is something i can do without, i suspect it might help MPG as well, due to the removal of that temptation to relax your foot on the gas pedal :p

Vdubba
30-04-2007, 01:42 PM
"GOLFMK5GTTDI"

thanks for the info i am going to check vw solihull to see if they do the same deal!

Vdubba

Paul_mkV_golf
02-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Ben,

let me know what you think of the cruise when you get used to it- I take it you must clock up the miles to get one fitted?

Thinking about it myself.

cheers
Paul

cheers
Paul

Ben
03-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi.

I never had cruise before so it is still a novelty item at the moment.

I decided to get it due to getting foot ache on a long trip, i don't do that much long distance driving, 32 miles each way to work A444, M6, M42, A446, A38.

Foot ache is something i've never suffered from before. Could this be due to the fact that this car is the 1st i've owned with a floor mounted accelerator pedal?
Its normally numb bum syndrome.

If you are driving like a granny trying to see how many miles you can get from a tank of deisel like myself currently, cruise wont help as it doesn't ease off the revs on downhills hovever what is good is that when you come to an uphill is maintains the set speed. I'm hoping for 700+ out of this tank.

Each press of the button to increase or decrease speed gives you a very slight lurchy sensation.

Still for £150 its worth it. if only for the extra little amber light that show its turned on within the speedo display.

There are no extra visual indicators on the MFD once it has been installed

Ben

Paul_mkV_golf
04-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Any extra lights appearing on the speedo are worth the outlay in my opinion!

Had a few hire cars through work in the past that have had it fitted- get used to it, especially good on the longer journeys- I used to end up with calf ache when I was 1st getting used to the floor mounted accelerator.

Paul