PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 122 Golf SE

JJackson
26-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Ordered car in second week of March and have today been told that it could well be 2nd or 3rd week of September before we see it. It will be six months since we paid our deposit. Well annoyed. Good mind to tell them to keep it. (Not sure if I could get deposit back though) Has anyone else had the same problems and been waiting this long. Originally ordered with sunroof and then took off as dealer said it could speed things up but to no avail.

zf44
26-06-2009, 10:01 AM
My suggestion would be to approach the dealer and ask whether you can source the exactly the same spec model as you have oredered from VW central stock or from another dealer. I'm sure the dealer would be eager to do this for you. I did this with a Polo and ended up receiving a better specced model for the same price as the model I had ordered.

cs2009
26-06-2009, 10:07 AM
That's very odd.

I ordered my Golf on 15th April from Heritage VW in Salisbury, and took delivery on 13th June, so less than two months. They also told me that the factory is not shutting in August as they would normally do, because of demand.

Edjog
26-06-2009, 12:52 PM
That's very odd.

I ordered my Golf on 15th April from Heritage VW in Salisbury, and took delivery on 13th June, so less than two months. They also told me that the factory is not shutting in August as they would normally do, because of demand.

Which model did you order? I ordered a 1.4 TSI 122 SE in mid April and still don't know when it will be delivered. Last time I spoke to the dealer I was told it's the 122 TSI engine that's causing the delay.

JJackson
26-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Which model did you order? I ordered a 1.4 TSI 122 SE in mid April and still don't know when it will be delivered. Last time I spoke to the dealer I was told it's the 122 TSI engine that's causing the delay.

I was told the reason there was a delay with the 1.4 122 TSI was that it was such a popular choice and they could not keep up with demand.

cs2009
26-06-2009, 01:14 PM

Mine is the GT TSI 160, so that might account for the difference.

J400uk
26-06-2009, 05:15 PM
OP - Does yours have any options? I have heard that sunroofs can slow orders down quite a lot.

You might be better of looking for a nearly new pre registerered Golf or seeing if there are any new ones in stock. The TSI 122 is the best selling model there is hardly a shortage of them.

ross980
26-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I ordered my TSi SE at the beginning of May and was quoted 10-12 weeks (putting delivery mid July - beginning of August). Apparently now its build date is 'mid July' so we won't have it until mid August. I going to ask the dealer to hang on and register it on 1st September for the new reg... what's another 2 weeks?! :aargh4:

Andyjjuk
27-06-2009, 11:18 AM
I ordered my 1.4 TSI 122 ps SE on the 18th March,with a build date of the 11th of May and a deliver date of 3rd June. This was then put back for delivery to the 30th June.
As of today I'm still waiting for delivery. I checked with the dealer today and was told that it still had a build date of the 11th May but would not get it till the end of August or early September! I have heard about the problems VW are having with this car i.e shortage of engines and too many orders etc. What I am not sure about is why the cars delivery date keeps being bumped back when the build date was still the same. Do you think this is strange or could it be because of the optional extras I have asked for ? I sought of went OTT. :).

Optional Extras
Vienna leather
2 zone electronic climate control
Park assist - front/rear parking sensors
Cornering front fog lights
DAB Digital radio
Winter pack/Luxury pack
Storage pack - Golf SE/GT
Flat tyre indicator
Rear side airbags
Multifunction steering wheel.

HHGTTG
27-06-2009, 06:22 PM
All this sounds very depressing. Mine was ordered on 26th Feb. I received a phone call from Milton Keynes, about 3 weeks ago, and was told that my car was being built in week 27 i.e. Monday! I expect delivery mid/late July.
Mine is a 1.4SE 122PS with a few 'normal' extras but also a sunroof.

I wanted to phone MK this week and check, yet again, that the phone call was genuine and that I wasn't really dreamingl, but I chickened out.

I think that I'll buck up courage next week and phone them again, quoting my 'case number' so that I can verify that my car IS being built. The only trouble is that I fear they will now tell me something different.

Shall I phone them?

Honeychild
27-06-2009, 06:41 PM
I ordered my 1.4 12 SE on 18th April and it was delivered on 1st June. My specs consisted of the Winter Pack, Park Assist with Rear View Camera; Tinted Windows and Air Con. I even made a few late ammendments just before the car was built.

My dealer told me that the sunroof option would add 'a few weeks' onto the build date therefore I didn't go for that option.

It seems that a number of people are getting their cars quickly as in my case, and for others the process is just dragging on forever.

jinjin
27-06-2009, 08:04 PM
I even made a few late ammendments just before the car was built.

How lare in the day did you make your changes? I've been given a build date on end of July but wasn't sure if changing the spec (thinking of bluetooth) would change my build date

ralferoo
27-06-2009, 11:37 PM
I even made a few late ammendments just before the car was built.
There seems to be no consistency. I changed the colour two weeks in and the dealer told me he had to cancel the order and start again, even though the computer screen he was looking at clearly said enquiry/amendment and there was no build date (as there's still not, 2 months later)... :(

pmnpmn
28-06-2009, 12:12 AM
I ordered my Motability car 9th May - bog standard except for DSG and reflex silver paint. Had an email from the dealer today (Breeze in Poole - highly recommended btw) saying car has been built and is ready for shipment. It will arrive in 2-3 weeks ready for my requested date of delivery 10th August.
I'm a happy customer!

Honeychild
28-06-2009, 07:21 PM
How lare in the day did you make your changes? I've been given a build date on end of July but wasn't sure if changing the spec (thinking of bluetooth) would change my build date

I added the 510 radio and rear camera about 2 weeks into the car being built, however the 'factory' were unable to fit a leather steering wheel at that time. If I wanted that option it was a 6 week wait.

It all seems very inconsistent. Some people having to wait an incredibly long time for a car with basics then lucky so and so's like me get mine before 10 weeks.

It is well worth the wait.....Have been driving it for 5 days now, and it drives like a dream (the crappy plastic steering wheel is my only gripe at the moment).

A

Kremmen
01-07-2009, 07:17 AM
At the moment a 1.4 DSG SE is top of my list for next March but if the delivery is haphazard then I might have to look elsewhere.

I need to shift my Civic before it's next service (next March) as I reckon it will need new pads all round plus possibly new rubber which I don't particlarly want to provide for the next owner via p/x

petach
04-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I wasn't fussed on colour or extras. Inchcape in Harold Wood, Essex had a Pearl black brand new 1.4 Tsi 122 SE DSG in their stock. It was delivered for me the following week. I am one happy guy. Having come from a C4 Picasso, it is massively above in terms of build quality and driveability. Feels a lot quicker than figures suggest. Lots of mid range grunt. Great "Q" car and deceives a lot of chavs in their pimped up crates.

Kremmen
06-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Yes - if you can find an in stock car then it's a breeze.

I want a few factory extras that may prevent that though :

DSG
Sat Nav
Parking sensors
Luxury pack
Visibility

I wonder when I need to consider ordering for "guaranteed" 1st March ?

If delivery slipped then I would likely need to:

MOT
Tyres
Pads
Service

= may as well keep it for another year or 2

HHGTTG
06-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Yes - if you can find an in stock car then it's a breeze.

I want a few factory extras that may prevent that though :

DSG
Sat Nav
Parking sensors
Luxury pack
Visibility

I wonder when I need to consider ordering for "guaranteed" 1st March ?

If delivery slipped then I would likely need to:

MOT
Tyres
Pads
Service

= may as well keep it for another year or 2
Order it in October and then you might have it for March 1st 2010

Kremmen
06-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks

I've got a free week in August and I'm intending to go test driving so that would be a suitable time to get the ball rolling.

I remember a similar situation quite a few years back. The dealer at that time loaned me a car for a few weeks until mine arrived. Saved me going through the same expense.

Hopefully VW dealers do a similar scheme with late deliveries. It's in their interest to get the car ASAP as you've got oe of theirs :)

Blackthorn
07-07-2009, 10:01 AM
VW told me that if the delivery of your car is more than 16 weeks from the date of order, you can get a loan vehicle. I'm up to 16 weeks now, so might have to take them up on that. An extract from their e-mail is below:

Thank you for your recent enquiry. I am delighted to hear of your order of a Mk6 Golf, I can confirm that there is unfortunately a delay on this model at the factory at the moment. Volkswagen UK is urgently investigating this matter and doing everything in its power to rectify the situation for all of our customers. Your local Volkswagen retailer should keep you abreast of any developments in relation to your order and if the order does take longer than 16 weeks then you will be supported with a relief vehicle.

I would like to our sincere apologies for these delays to your order and please rest assured that we are doing everything possible to rectify the situation.

CharlesCourtney
07-07-2009, 12:33 PM
VW told me that if the delivery of your car is more than 16 weeks from the date of order, you can get a loan vehicle. I'm up to 16 weeks now, so might have to take them up on that. An extract from their e-mail is below:

Last year my Golf plus (1.4TSI SE DSG) took 7 months from order to delivery (was expecting 5 Months), and rather than the loan vehicle, VW refunded me the extra 2 months depreatiation on my part-ex and paid for a warranty on my old car from the period it went 3 years old.

Which was nice !

Charles

J400uk
07-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I've heard that any orders placed now for a Golf TSI 122 won't be delivered until early 2010. Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread and I've missed it. As with the Golf MK5 the little TSI is proving to be hugely popular.

Robbie G
07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
All you 122'ers should have ordered the 158!! I've just had a call from my dealer, our car is with the transport company now and they should be able to deliver new / collect old in a couple of weeks. We only ordered on the 20th May!

Quite a standard spec though, 5dr DSG, steel grey, convenience pack and paddles only other upgrades, so perhaps no great surprise that it's been quick.

Do we think that VW were surprised by the demand for the 122 having expected the 160 to be the more popular model?

jinjin
07-07-2009, 01:28 PM
All you 122'ers should have ordered the 158!! I've just had a call from my dealer, our car is with the transport company now and they should be able to deliver new / collect old in a couple of weeks. We only ordered on the 20th May!

Quite a standard spec though, 5dr DSG, steel grey, convenience pack and paddles only other upgrades, no perhaps no great surprise that it's been quick.

Do we think that VW were surprised by the demand for the 122 having expected the 160 to be the more popular model?

can only confirm this as I ordered a GT on 5th June and I've been given a built date of the end of this month.

ralferoo
07-07-2009, 01:52 PM
can only confirm this as I ordered a GT on 5th June and I've been given a built date of the end of this month.
Yeah, that's annoying. I ordered my 122 at the end of April and I've just got an e-mail from my dealer with a build date of week 33, expecting delivery in September... :mad: That'll make 18 weeks, so it'd be interesting to enquire about this loan car after 16 weeks option as ideally I'd like to get rid of my old car ASAP...

jinjin
07-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah, that's annoying. I ordered my 122 at the end of April and I've just got an e-mail from my dealer with a build date of week 33, expecting delivery in September... :mad: That'll make 18 weeks, so it'd be interesting to enquire about this loan car after 16 weeks option as ideally I'd like to get rid of my old car ASAP...

I should also mention that I've taken up the scrappage scheme and my dealer did say cars on scrappage are being marked for priority build

J400uk
07-07-2009, 02:30 PM

The 122 was always going to be the most popular model, there is no doubt about that. There have been supply problems from day 1 when it first became available in the MK5 Golf, VW just can't build enough it seems.

HHGTTG
07-07-2009, 03:41 PM
The 122 was always going to be the most popular model, there is no doubt about that. There have been supply problems from day 1 when it first became available in the MK5 Golf, VW just can't build enough it seems.
Have been told that my car is awaiting shipment and should be here next week for delivery to me probably the week after. Almost exactly 20 weeks since ordering.
Dealer also told me that orders now for the 1.4TSI 122 PS engine won't be delivered until Feb/March 2010.
My 5 month wait wll seem relatively short compared with that.

questionmark
07-07-2009, 04:45 PM

I also ordered my 122 at the end of April and i got a letter last week telling me that my build week is now also week 33 and that i should expect delivery the first week of September. My previous build week was 29 so it is delayed by 4 weeks, i don't know whether to be happy or sad because 4 weeks extra mean a 59 plate. The only down side is that i had previously agreed the sale of my old car with a mate for the end of July and now they are unwilling to wait till September. Which means I am going to have to advertise and sell it, so i mite be car less for a few weeks.:mad:

CharlesCourtney
07-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I also ordered my 122 at the end of April and i got a letter last week telling me that my build week is now also week 33 and that i should expect delivery the first week of September. My previous build week was 29 so it is delayed by 4 weeks, i don't know whether to be happy or sad because 4 weeks extra mean a 59 plate. The only down side is that i had previously agreed the sale of my old car with a mate for the end of July and now they are unwilling to wait till September. Which means I am going to have to advertise and sell it, so i mite be car less for a few weeks.:mad:

Well see what the Dealer / VW will do for you - they may offer to put you in a loan car for that period ? I and others have got movement from Dealers / VW when cars have been later than expected. Well worth asking them !

Charles

questionmark
07-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Well see what the Dealer / VW will do for you - they may offer to put you in a loan car for that period ? I and others have got movement from Dealers / VW when cars have been later than expected. Well worth asking them !

Charles

Yeah i'l be sure to ask my sales rep whenever he decides to answer his phone. Been calling him since yesterday and left a message this afternoon. Hopefully they can do something which would be very much appreciated. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the advice charles.

ross980
08-07-2009, 06:45 PM
My TSi SE is also ordered under the scrappage scheme. I've paid a deposit but am slightly concerned after reading reports that the scrappage will have reached its full allocation before I get to sign on the dotted line… Hopefully I should be ok as my car is due ‘mid August’ (I’m not holding my breath) – if that’s the case I’d rather wait until 1st September and 59Reg (unless it’s touch and go with the scrappage scheme running out)

jinjin
09-07-2009, 10:03 AM
My TSi SE is also ordered under the scrappage scheme. I've paid a deposit but am slightly concerned after reading reports that the scrappage will have reached its full allocation before I get to sign on the dotted line… Hopefully I should be ok as my car is due ‘mid August’ (I’m not holding my breath) – if that’s the case I’d rather wait until 1st September and 59Reg (unless it’s touch and go with the scrappage scheme running out)

from my understanding, as you have ordered your car you have been allocated as one of the 300k in the scrappage scheme. The problem is cars have to be delivered witin 16 weeks of order to qualify for the scheme, if your's takes longer then the dealer would need to reapply. Going on current demand the allocation the govt. have set aside would have expired by then.

worth checking with your dealer as i've been known to be wrong :D

ross980
09-07-2009, 12:48 PM
from my understanding, as you have ordered your car you have been allocated as one of the 300k in the scrappage scheme. The problem is cars have to be delivered witin 16 weeks of order to qualify for the scheme, if your's takes longer then the dealer would need to reapply. Going on current demand the allocation the govt. have set aside would have expired by then.

worth checking with your dealer as i've been known to be wrong :D
:(Hmmm... I hope you are wrong! (but I've got a feeling you're not...) September 1st is 16 weeks and 4 days after we ordered the car... :aargh4:
Time to ring the dealer I think; much as I'd like a 59 Reg I may have to settle for a 09 Reg one (provided the delivery hasn't slipped again...).

Hughmungus
09-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi all.

I was told by my dealer today that if I want it for March to order now so that's what I plan to do. She said build dates are now Jan 2010 for Feb/Mar delivery. :(

ross980
09-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi all.

I was told by my dealer today that if I want it for March to order now so that's what I plan to do. She said build dates are now Jan 2010 for Feb/Mar delivery. :(

As impressed as I was with the Golf when I test drove it, I'm not sure I'd be prepared to wait that long for one. VW must be losing sales as a direct result of the ridiculous waiting list.

Robbie G
10-07-2009, 12:41 PM
As impressed as I was with the Golf when I test drove it, I'm not sure I'd be prepared to wait that long for one. VW must be losing sales as a direct result of the ridiculous waiting list.

Of course they will be, but they have to balance that with the cost of increasing factory capacity to meet the demand, as well as the fact that some of their suppliers probably couldn't cope with the peaks even if they wanted to.

Nightowl4933
12-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I wonder, though, if other manufacturers are giving similar lead times, and if the built time/quality is the same, i.e. from raw materials to finished product?

Pete

paul.mgrath
12-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Slightly off subject i just hope they have sorted out the insatiable appetite for engine oil that the 2.0 D Pg had - not checked my dipstick yet!!!!Scared

Nightowl4933
12-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Dipstick? What dipstick :D