PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Corrado

oldskooliain
25-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi, am going to look at a Corrado on Saturday, it's an M reg 2.0 16v. Is there anything in particular that I should look out for on this model to make sure I'm not buying a banger? Have already been told to look at the sills and the rear suspension bushes, but is there anything else I should be looking out for?

Thanks in advance :beerchug:

zf44
26-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Fifth Gear did a review on a Corrado a few weeks ago, click on the link below......

http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/videos/cheapskates

neil w
10-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Brakes, they give loads of problems with the ABs not working and having a poor pedal feel.
Double check the suspension, the chassis is so good that even with totally shot dampers it will still handle well.
Underbonnet watch out for oil/ water leaks, especially around the gasket between the oil filter housing and the block and also the seals on the cam cover where the plugs go in .
There is little space under the bonnet and around the engine bay and the temp tends to get quite high so hardening off various rubber seals
Check for leaks around the screen , any problems mean a screen out job, it is bonded and you have to destroy the lower plastic trims to get it out.(£150 ish)
Interiors - the later ones are poorer quality and side bolsters wear quickly in an uncared for car. The dash can warp around the heater vents .
*******THE LATER ROTARY HEATER CONTROLS ARE UNIQUE TO THE CORRADO, THEY ARE UNRELIABLE AND BREAK , THEY ARE NOW ALL BUT UNOBTAINABLE NEW (£300 PLUS) AND THEY GO ON E BAY FOR OVER £100. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.****