PDA

View Full Version : Whos taking up the government scrappage deal with a Golf?

jinjin
25-06-2009, 02:15 PM
With a supposed 60'000 people taking up the deal already I was curious to know if anyone has taken it up the with a new Golf and what kind of deals they got?

I had been looking at a new golf for ages and I think with a lot of good luck with my timing I've managed to bag myself a great deal (I hope!)

I ordered the car when VW were offering £3250 for scrappage of all ranges of the mkvi, now it seems only to be for the S.

on top of that shopping online I managed to get a further £1500 off.. about a 18% saving in the end.

also plesently suprised about the leadtimes, reading the other posts on here I didn't think I see my car till xmas but I ordered on 5th June and today got a 'confirmed' build date of week 31

dieselduncmk6
25-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm in! And very happy with % like you.

We are scrapping an old Pug in on the scheme, and were lucky to catch the VW allowance offer (which is now withdrawn) of £3950 off any Golf diesel - so ordered a GT TDI140 in Pearl Black, 18" Vancouvers, Convenience pack, storage pack and the RCD510.

Just got the dreaded waiting game now; only been 3 weeks and I'm gagging already.

My trusty MkIV will become the other half's car, and I'll be really loving the Mk VI; after putting 150k on the Mk IV Match, which to be fair has been 100% reliable.

Had a test drive in a MKVI GT, and was VERY impressed.

What spec you getting?

jinjin
25-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I went extras crazy I think!

160GT + DSG in pearl black + black leathers

18" Vancoovers

2zone a/c

MFSW + paddles

park assist, front and rear sensors + rear camera

touch screen nav

storage + luxury pack

list price was coming in at £26k but with scrappage and discounts im shelling out £21k

Im scrapping my mk iv which is just inside the scrappge age. no way I'd get £3250 selling it private so I'm feeling very pleased.. now if only September would hurry up!

where did you order yours from? I went through autobytel and their VW dealer in Swindon.. It will mean a drive from London to drop of my old car but also means a nice drive back in the new car!

Robbie G
25-06-2009, 09:07 PM
My trusty MkIV will become the other half's car

I like your style! :beerchug:

dieselduncmk6
25-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Jin Jin,

It was through White Rose Petersfield, Hants. I bought my MKIV there too (6 years ago), and have been back for most of the servicing etc - they are a top outfit; defo one of the good dealers!

I may have been able to shop around and save a few quid more if I'd had more time, but only just got in there with the high scrappage deal.

Had the MKIV MOT'd there on a Wednesday, and while waiting in the showroom, overheard a phone call mentioning the £4k allowance. Suffice to say my ears pricked up, and just had to to sit down and crunch some figs with my trusty salesman. Then went home and discussed with HWSBO, and was sorely tempted. Then, 2 days later I got a phone message (as mobile not great at work) at 16:40 that the deal was finishing 17:00 that day - VW were pulling the high allowance offer!! So, placed a small deposit (not in the trousers) and went in next day to finalise the spec. and sign the papers etc.

Sheesh, that was close. Almost missed the deal, and doubt I would've got anywhere close to £4k off a GT elsewhere.

Your spec sounds great - would have liked the ACC myself, but had the draw the line somehwere.

Dunc.

AdC
25-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Got the £3950 off a GT tdi 140, scrapping my old 210,000 mile '94 tdi (worth maybe £200 and becoming a liability). Didn't get any more off, though and nothing off the extras. Never imagined I'd buy a new car but £4 grand off seemed a good deal...

jkallu
26-06-2009, 05:34 PM
hi all

i'm a newbie considering the scrappage offer for a new car for my wife - nearly £4k off a new golf is fantastic - i've specced up a golf 1.6tdci 105 3door with my vw dealer but he has refused any other discounts.

jinjin - which online dealership/broker did you use to get the additional discount?

many thanks

jinjin
26-06-2009, 06:02 PM
jinjin - which online dealership/broker did you use to get the additional discount?

I went with autobytel.co.uk and gave them a call.. the VW dealer was Mann Egerton of Swindon.

the additional discount is only on the S and not SE, GT GTI/D. they have the standard £2k

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/volkswagen-world/news/item/143

let me know if you do go with them as they've got a recommend a friend scheme ;) :beerchug:

J400uk
26-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I reckon a S TDI 105 would be wise money spent. It should hold onto its value pretty well, its economical and won't cost heaps in the first place. Bar alloy wheels and rear speakers it has all the equipment you would need.

jkallu
27-06-2009, 09:45 AM
thanks jinjin - i will give autobytel a ring.

my dealer in west midlands is offering the 3950 discount on the golf s 1.6tdci 105 3dr so its coming in at 12050 standard price for october delivery, with my dads n reg audi a4 quattro 180,000miler for scrapping.

i've specced it candy white with MDI RCD310 + armrest storage compartments, fogs, alarm, luxury pack, leather trim steering wheel, mats, highline computer, flat tyre - all coming in at 1200. the alloys i'll change later (but its only for my wife) is there anything else essential?

many thanks

Dave B
27-06-2009, 12:29 PM
I went with autobytel.co.uk and gave them a call.. the VW dealer was Mann Egerton of Swindon.

the additional discount is only on the S and not SE, GT GTI/D. they have the standard £2k

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/volkswagen-world/news/item/143

let me know if you do go with them as they've got a recommend a friend scheme ;) :beerchug:

How did you find the experience of buying on the internet?
Have you used them before or is this your first on line purchase of a car?
Where there any negatives with the experience?
Would you use them again?
How was the dealership, considering you hadn't purchased the car from them?

Sorry there are so many questions. I've been looking at on line deals, another is drive the deal who are slightly cheaper, and was wonderering what sort of experience people had with these company's. At least on a forum you are dealing with real people who give honest objective answers.

jinjin
27-06-2009, 07:10 PM
How did you find the experience of buying on the internet?
Have you used them before or is this your first on line purchase of a car?
Where there any negatives with the experience?
Would you use them again?
How was the dealership, considering you hadn't purchased the car from them?

Sorry there are so many questions. I've been looking at on line deals, another is drive the deal who are slightly cheaper, and was wonderering what sort of experience people had with these company's. At least on a forum you are dealing with real people who give honest objective answers.

I'd never used them before, This is the first time I'm buying a brand new car. I was just browsing the web and looking at ad's in what car etc when I came across them. I'd spoken to a few different online brokers but couldnt get them to give me the VW discount and their's on top. I originally had placed an order with drive the deal but they had to cancel it as they couldn't supply the car within 4 months (some small print of the scheme?). This ended up being great for me as VW launched their additional disocunt a few days later! Looking at drive the deal now, they say they can't offer scrappage on the golf.

The only thing I actually did online was look up their number and also spec my car to get an idea of cost and savings. Everything else was done over the phone. The price was exactly what was given on their site.. seem's to be a 9% discount on car + extras..

I called the number on the autobytel for VW cars. I was put straight through to the dealer. The frist thing he said was that they are not a broker but a main dealer in Swindon. He went on to explain they're a part of the Inchcape group and I'd be buying the car direct from them. A few of the online brokers I spoke to said they couldn't provide scrappage discount on top of their discounts so this was the first thing I asked them. The chap I spoke to (Phil) said it was a VW offer and there was no reason why they couldn't give their discount on top! So happy days and I put down a £500 deposit on my card and I got a copy of the order to sign and return in the post a few days later.

I did get a call back about an hour after putting my order down and it was Phil explaining that the VW offer at the time (£3250) off a GT TDI included the dealer having to contribute £750. This meant that they'd have to remove that from the discount they originally offered. From an original discount of £2350 I was getting £1600 on top of the £3250.

stay with me guys.. nearly finsihed ;)

I ordered 5th June and I called them on the 25th and they confirmed by build date of week 31 (end of July)

with autobytel, so far so good. not had any reason to complain. they do say in their welcome letter they will call you every 2 weeks to keep you informed but I've not had a call yet. Given that I've called them a good few times and they've always answered my calls/queries first time.

I don't think I will be using them again as I cant see me buying a new car again anytime soon but i would definatly recommend them on my current experience.

Another finaly thing I should add is that they do not deliver cars to your door. They say most people like to pick their new cars up as they don't like the idea of someone else thrashing your car to you. Also with the scrappage you need to take your old car to them so its no bother to me. drive the deal were also expecting the car your scrapping to be bought to the dealer at your on expense.

hope thats answered some of your questions!

jinjin
27-06-2009, 07:19 PM
thanks jinjin - i will give autobytel a ring.

my dealer in west midlands is offering the 3950 discount on the golf s 1.6tdci 105 3dr so its coming in at 12050 standard price for october delivery, with my dads n reg audi a4 quattro 180,000miler for scrapping.

i've specced it candy white with MDI RCD310 + armrest storage compartments, fogs, alarm, luxury pack, leather trim steering wheel, mats, highline computer, flat tyre - all coming in at 1200. the alloys i'll change later (but its only for my wife) is there anything else essential?

many thanks

looking at autobytel you could get another £1400 off that.. I would check with them first though as the new VW offers mean the dealer is expected to contribute some of the £3950. With me it was £750 so my discount was reduced by that. So you could be looking at another £700 of the price your dealer is quoting.

Also they're discount is on extras too.. I think i went a little OTT at this point with my spec :D

Dave B
27-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I'd never used them before, This is the first time I'm buying a brand new car. I was just browsing the web and looking at ad's in what car etc when I came across them. I'd spoken to a few different online brokers but couldnt get them to give me the VW discount and their's on top. I originally had placed an order with drive the deal but they had to cancel it as they couldn't supply the car within 4 months (some small print of the scheme?). This ended up being great for me as VW launched their additional disocunt a few days later! Looking at drive the deal now, they say they can't offer scrappage on the golf.

The only thing I actually did online was look up their number and also spec my car to get an idea of cost and savings. Everything else was done over the phone. The price was exactly what was given on their site.. seem's to be a 9% discount on car + extras..

I called the number on the autobytel for VW cars. I was put straight through to the dealer. The frist thing he said was that they are not a broker but a main dealer in Swindon. He went on to explain they're a part of the Inchcape group and I'd be buying the car direct from them. A few of the online brokers I spoke to said they couldn't provide scrappage discount on top of their discounts so this was the first thing I asked them. The chap I spoke to (Phil) said it was a VW offer and there was no reason why they couldn't give their discount on top! So happy days and I put down a £500 deposit on my card and I got a copy of the order to sign and return in the post a few days later.

I did get a call back about an hour after putting my order down and it was Phil explaining that the VW offer at the time (£3250) off a GT TDI included the dealer having to contribute £750. This meant that they'd have to remove that from the discount they originally offered. From an original discount of £2350 I was getting £1600 on top of the £3250.

stay with me guys.. nearly finsihed ;)

I ordered 5th June and I called them on the 25th and they confirmed by build date of week 31 (end of July)

with autobytel, so far so good. not had any reason to complain. they do say in their welcome letter they will call you every 2 weeks to keep you informed but I've not had a call yet. Given that I've called them a good few times and they've always answered my calls/queries first time.

I don't think I will be using them again as I cant see me buying a new car again anytime soon but i would definatly recommend them on my current experience.

Another finaly thing I should add is that they do not deliver cars to your door. They say most people like to pick their new cars up as they don't like the idea of someone else thrashing your car to you. Also with the scrappage you need to take your old car to them so its no bother to me. drive the deal were also expecting the car your scrapping to be bought to the dealer at your on expense.

hope thats answered some of your questions!

Many thanks jinjin for taking the time and trouble to write a good in depth appraisal of Autobytel. Even when making a purchase from a reputable dealer you’re sometimes a bit doubtful but that’s where Forums such as this are a great help. Real people with honest views and experience. Once again thanks for taking the time and trouble to answer.

zoom
29-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Jin Jin,

It was through White Rose Petersfield, Hants. I bought my MKIV there too (6 years ago), and have been back for most of the servicing etc - they are a top outfit; defo one of the good dealers!

Dunc.

Cheers for that Dunc. As I'm only down the road in Waterlooville & been looking around at possibly buying a 1.4 SE TSi - I'll pop in there this week (as I'm in the area on Wednesday) & tell them they come highly recommended. Always handy to know a dealer that scores well on the satisfaction scale!

;)

jkallu
29-06-2009, 11:41 AM
just a quick update on search for my wifes car.

1.6 tdi 105 s with lots of options

vw basic list price without options £16050

via internet broker + scrappage scheme price = £11437

so a saving of over £4600!

they also offer 11% discount on options

if vw hadnt dropped the additional discount available on the GT models I may have also been interested in trading in my e46 M3.

so well done VW!

jinjin
29-06-2009, 11:51 AM
just a quick update on search for my wifes car.

1.6 tdi 105 s with lots of options

vw basic list price without options £16050

via internet broker + scrappage scheme price = £11437

so a saving of over £4600!

they also offer 11% discount on options

if vw hadnt dropped the additional discount available on the GT models I may have also been interested in trading in my e46 M3.

so well done VW!

looks like your bagging quite a deal too! was it if autobyel or someone ese?

jkallu
29-06-2009, 11:59 AM
it was with ukcarbroker.co.uk cheapest quote and they offered free delivery it to my house + collect the scrappage car.

autobytel were slightly more expensive + i had to collect from swindon.

sorry no recomendation this time but thanks for your help!

jkallu
29-06-2009, 01:08 PM
btw the dealer said that there had been a big surge in people taking up the scrappage scheme recently - he expects the 300,000 limit to be reached in august or maybe even early july.

dieselduncmk6
29-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Cheers for that Dunc. As I'm only down the road in Waterlooville & been looking around at possibly buying a 1.4 SE TSi - I'll pop in there this week (as I'm in the area on Wednesday) & tell them they come highly recommended. Always handy to know a dealer that scores well on the satisfaction scale!

;)

Zoom,

No problem - just be sure to tell em (Paul - if he's around) it was me. You never know, they may reward me if you buy a car from them....:beerchug:.
Then again, they may embarrass me by letting on how excited I was / how long it took to place my last order...:Blush:

zoom
29-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Zoom,

No problem - just be sure to tell em (Paul - if he's around) it was me. You never know, they may reward me if you buy a car from them....:beerchug:.
Then again, they may embarrass me by letting on how excited I was / how long it took to place my last order...:Blush:

If I place an order with them Dunc - I'll buy you an all-day breakfast at the excellent Bay Tree Restaurant in your neck of the woods! All-day breakfast's just don't get any better! ;)

tull48
07-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi,first post,

Bought 140 TDI SE 3 door in silver on 05/07/2009 from local dealer stock for £14,875 including full tank,mats,3 year service and Autoglym paint treatment.Hope I got a good deal.

Regards,John.

Robbie G
08-07-2009, 06:37 PM
John

Surely that depends on whether or not the car was new and unregistered, the mileage, condition, optional extras, previous owners etc. etc. none of which you have provided us :p.

Plus nobody can talk about their car without providing pics! ;)

Welcome to the forum btw.

tull48
08-07-2009, 07:15 PM
John

Surely that depends on whether or not the car was new and unregistered, the mileage, condition, optional extras, previous owners etc. etc. none of which you have provided us :p.

Plus nobody can talk about their car without providing pics! ;)

Welcome to the forum btw.

Thanks for the welcome,

To qualify for the scrappage scheme the car has to be new and unregistered.:p

Regards,John

Robbie G
08-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome,

To qualify for the scrappage scheme the car has to be new and unregistered.:p

Regards,John

Sorry :D, some people post that they have a new car in all kinds of random threads. Now we know it's a new car, but you still haven't said what if any extras it comes with.

Sounds like you got a fair price though, although 3 doors are pointless ;).

tull48
08-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Sorry :D, some people post that they have a new car in all kinds of random threads. Now we know it's a new car, but you still haven't said what if any extras it comes with.

Sounds like you got a fair price though, although 3 doors are pointless ;).

Sorry, I thought that posting in 'Who's taking up the government scrappage deal with a golf' would indicate, that by default, the car was new and unregistered.

I've stated the car has metallic paint,it has no other extras,if it had I would have said so.

Thanks for your comment that 3 doors are pointless:1zhelp:

Regards again,John.

Robbie G
08-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Sorry, I thought that posting in 'Who's taking up the government scrappage deal with a golf' would indicate, that by default, the car was new and unregistered.

I've stated the car has metallic paint,it has no other extras,if it had I would have said so.

Thanks for your comment that 3 doors are pointless:1zhelp:

Regards again,John.

Oops hit a nerve. Another fragile creature it seems!

Normally the very act of posting in this thread would indeed indicate that you had purchased a new 'scrappage' car, however to be frank, the style of your first post indicated that you potentially weren't the kind of guy that pays much attention to where or what he posts.

That is a big assumption, as was the assumption that you made when you anticipated that people would automatically know that you had ordered no optional extras over and above metallic paint.

Apologies if you intended for people to infer and assume all factors involved in answering your question. From my point of view, presumably you're aware that on the internet, people post all kinds of junk and you never know whether they forgot to add the detail or just left it assumed as in your case.

Perhaps I should have assumed more from your limited description, perhaps you should have bothered to go into more detail to save the questions. If you don't want people to ask questions, ask the question properly in the first place to be honest. Good man :approve:.

Regarding the three doors, I was hoping to spark some staunch defence of why 3-doors are in fact worth their salt, whereas you disappointingly seem to have resorted to curling up in a ball. Not a man that likes to be questioned, either, it seems.

Let me explain. Three door cars offer nothing above five door cars apart from the marginally lower cost, whereas at least with five door cars, they give the permanent option of sitting your gran / mother / child / friends easily in the back seats without asking them to climb over an assault course.

Many three door car owners say that they look better. a). They don't, and b) since when was looking better a more important factor than owning a five seat car with two doors :confused:.

tull48
08-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Oops hit a nerve. Another fragile creature it seems!

Normally the very act of posting in this thread would indeed indicate that you had purchased a new 'scrappage' car, however to be frank, the style of your first post indicated that you potentially weren't the kind of guy that pays much attention to where or what he posts.

That is a big assumption, as was the assumption that you made when you anticipated that people would automatically know that you had ordered no optional extras over and above metallic paint.

Apologies if you intended for people to infer and assume all factors involved in answering your question. From my point of view, presumably you're aware that on the internet, people post all kinds of junk and you never know whether they forgot to add the detail or just left it assumed as in your case.

Perhaps I should have assumed more from your limited description, perhaps you should have bothered to go into more detail to save the questions. If you don't want people to ask questions, ask the question properly in the first place to be honest. Good man :approve:.

Regarding the three doors, I was hoping to spark some staunch defence of why 3-doors are in fact worth their salt, whereas you disappointingly seem to have resorted to curling up in a ball. Not a man that likes to be questioned, either, it seems.

Let me explain. Three door cars offer nothing above five door cars apart from the marginally lower cost, whereas at least with five door cars, they give the permanent option of sitting your gran / mother / child / friends easily in the back seats without asking them to climb over an assault course.

Many three door car owners say that they look better. a). They don't, and b) since when was looking better a more important factor than owning a five seat car with two doors :confused:.

As I stated it was my first post.

Sorry I posted in the correct thread even though you assumed I had not.

Sorry i did not list all the extras I did not have.

Sorry I bought a 3 door even though the back seats will be unoccupied for 99% of the time.

It's personnel opinion on 3 door looking better than 5 door and that's it.

You've hit no nerve here,I'm a Geordie,more things to get upset about.

Lets just let this die,good man:approve:

Regards,John.

chockymonster
09-07-2009, 08:45 AM
since when was looking better a more important factor than owning a five seat car with two doors :confused:.
My car has no roof because it looks naff with one :biglaugh: (it doesn't have any doors either!)

jkallu
09-07-2009, 03:12 PM
(!) going back to the original question from john tull48 - i think you got a good deal from the dealer, but maybe you could have got a bit more of a discount via one of the internet car brokers such as autobytel or ukcarbroker? - they simply put you in touch with a main vw dealer.

i had a price of 12,100 for a standard 1.6 tdi 105 3dr from my local vw dealer including the 3950 scrappage discount. via ukcarbroker.co.uk it was down to 11,437 and they also gave an extra 11% off any optional extras. i am now dealing directly with Listers in Nuneaton Warwickshire - the brokers fee is included in the price.

btw i agree john 3dr looks much better!!! i still have my first car - a mk2 golf 3dr with a 2.9 vr6 engine + gearbox + interior transplant

tull48
09-07-2009, 05:01 PM
(!) going back to the original question from john tull48 - i think you got a good deal from the dealer, but maybe you could have got a bit more of a discount via one of the internet car brokers such as autobytel or ukcarbroker? - they simply put you in touch with a main vw dealer.

i had a price of 12,100 for a standard 1.6 tdi 105 3dr from my local vw dealer including the 3950 scrappage discount. via ukcarbroker.co.uk it was down to 11,437 and they also gave an extra 11% off any optional extras. i am now dealing directly with Listers in Nuneaton Warwickshire - the brokers fee is included in the price.

btw i agree john 3dr looks much better!!! i still have my first car - a mk2 golf 3dr with a 2.9 vr6 engine + gearbox + interior transplant

Thanks for your reply.

I took the lowest internet brokers quote I could find {from Autobytel,Autofinders,Drive the Deal etc] into the local dealers and the local dealer, after much bartering, was approx £300 more.I missed the boat that VW were initially offering on the 140 diesel with scrappage,that was reduced to £2000 at the time I inquired. The car was in stock,they wanted to sell,so after more bartering it came with full tank,3 year service plan,mats and Autoglym paint treatment.The good thing is the dealer is 2 miles up the road,no travelling miles to drop off the wifes' 'scrapper'

No doubt you'll keep your first car, I wish I had ,Mk 1 RS2000 full custom pack but selling my 1973 Lotus Elan 30 years ago was my biggest mistake.

As you can tell I'm old.

Regards, John.

tull48
09-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Get in quick,from 1st Sept 09 Golf prices go up 3.2% on average. OK if you have already ordered or order before end August.

John.

fitlikemike
13-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Yip,

I blagged 4k off my GT 140 TDi - Pearl Black and Sports package w/vancouvers.

Go on Darling.

The wait is like a torture, I'm stalking car parks lately.

Sad but true.

fitlikemike
13-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Jkallu,

I too am being supplied by Listers of Nuneaton via Kev at UKcarbroker.

My GT 140 TDi 3 dr. in pearl black, w/sports package & vancouvers will be arriving with 4k off the list, to which my local dealer could only offer the scrappage allowance.

I placed my order just the end of last month and have now confirmation that it's been accepted into the VW production system, I take it I now have to be patient and wait for the allocated build week?

How far along is your deal I'm wondering?

Congratulations on your car btw. There's no accounting for taste as they say.

jkallu
14-07-2009, 04:23 PM
hi there mike - yeah nice deal too. how much was the final bill.

i think we ordered about the same time. i have the same confirmation of order but no specific build week. however listers said car would be ready for collection last week of september or early october - but it may be different build times for each model.

fitlikemike
14-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Jkallu,

Kim (fleet sales) has my details and yeah, she's given me a similar projected date.

Not long my man.

I'll keep you posted as and when I receive my build date 'cos it soon arrives after that you know.

Bottom line I'm £15,878.

S'good money for me thanks.

jkallu
15-07-2009, 10:18 PM
nice one mike!

and a 3dr as well! - tull48 will be happy too

fitlikemike
16-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Initially I looked at what I could get for my spare 16K.

John Clark Group, local dealers could fix me up with SE TDi 140 at list £18,050 minus the scrappage allowance and this hit the mark.
They said they could sweeten the deal with a discount on the leather option but since the hide sets you back another, what? £1,650 this was not really a consideration.

So now I'm comparing internet deals yeah?

Didn't take minutes to kick the original price from JCG into touch and say, an hour and a couple of calls after that I had sourced myself a genuine broker who put me in contact with a similar VW dealer (albeit some distance away) but if that's the trade off for getting the GT w/options then I'm in the wrong business 'cos the brokers finders fee came off the top of the GT price of £15,878.10 which, incidentally was under my budget.

It's a deal, it's a steal!

There are still such offers around as far as I'm aware, you just need to prepare for the wait. There is a queue, funnily enough.

btw tull48, you have impeccable taste.

RS 2000 w/custom pack? Man those things used to go around like they were on rails.

keep in touch Jkallu.

tull48
16-07-2009, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=fitlikemike

btw tull48, you have impeccable taste.

RS 2000 w/custom pack? Man those things used to go around like they were on rails.

keep in touch Jkallu.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,had one mk 1 and two mk 2s. The good thing about them was you could only get them in 2 doors;)

John.

jkallu
16-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Mike - just shows what a little bit of research can do! So much for the credit crunch hey

happy waiting!

netherfield
16-07-2009, 06:08 PM
I can't believe people can argue over three or five doors,you pay your money and make your own choice.
Ours is three door because that's what we wanted.