PDA

View Full Version : Mmi Parking Aid Fault

abarth800
24-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi i got a problem with my parking aid on my A6 2005 2.7tdi mmi high ,when i turn it on (the parking aid) or the reverse gear swich it on it just gives me a long beep and the little led just keep flashing .I believe the sensors are fine because the i could hear the speaker (buzzer ) sounding bad before the whole system stop working .When i try to set up the pitch of a sound in mmi menu the fronts works fine the back makes no sound at all. Could anyone help me to locate the beeper apeaker or how should i call it ,or give me any advise what to do please?

Boblell
04-07-2009, 09:44 AM
If when you put your car in reverse and you get a continuous bleep then they are not working. I think what i would do in your position is to make sure that all the sensors are clean. Then put the car in reverse with the ignition switched on, then get your ear up close to each sensor and listen for a faint clicking noise. If you have one that is not clicking then that could be the problem. I had the same problem but after a while they all starting working again!

Peter D
04-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Hold your neighbours cat's ear against each sensor in turn and see if it winces. I did actually use another term for cat, but realised a potential mis-interpretation so edited before posting. Regards Peter

Peter D
04-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Seriously, they do click very regularly at the start of each ultrasound pulse. Regards Peter

pete99
26-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Seriously, they do click very regularly at the start of each ultrasound pulse. Regards Peter
I'll second that !!
Just located my faulty sensor by that method .
Problem now is getting a replacement without being stuffed by 'm dealers' .

pete99
28-07-2009, 08:38 PM
I'll second that !!
Just located my faulty sensor by that method .
Problem now is getting a replacement without being stuffed by 'm dealers' .
Sorted now . £30 off ebay.
Just a tip- some sensors with part numbers on- seem hard to find . However - if you go onto German Ebay- they are available - and also- have had part numbers updated to those which are on uk ebay.
Better than paying **ealers prices .