PDA

View Full Version : 1.8t juddering power delivery

djglovehead
05-04-2007, 10:45 PM
hi guys and girls im new to vw/audi and this forum and very impressed with my new car untill now. any help greatly apprecrated.

1.8t juddering power delivery judders at all rev ranges, but it doesn't do it all the time. It ONLY does it as you accelerate. Doesn't even need to be high revs, just opening the throttle. not on present when backing off the throttle.

The car will then does this for the remainder of the journey and indeed the whole day. The next day it returns to normal. or after its left for a while.

the car was running perfect. i then filled up at shell petrol station ipswich borne bridge. after restarting car idled lumpy, and the above problem started.

no warning light on dash.

cheers Richard

RickT
06-04-2007, 02:18 AM
on idel does the rev counter bonce a little?? if so.. could be the common coil pack issue...

£25 each.. 4 required..

Have a search on the forum for "Coil Pack"

RicKT

djglovehead
06-04-2007, 09:08 AM
yes it does seem to, i disconnected a plug behind the air box, am i right in thinking that was the maf, and if the maf was faulty the car would have been fixed.

if some of the coils had stopped working would this be an fault that would be present all the time or after a cool down and restart may run ok for a short time,?

thanks mate, will look further into coil packs.

djglovehead
14-04-2007, 01:35 PM
OK im posting to help others in future so this can be of help to someone :Blush:

1.8t audi a3. AUG ENGINE CODE
The problem, ok car was ideling v low with a juddering thoughout the rev range, after replaceing the coils maf and o2/lamba probe. the problem still was there. after admiting defeat i took it to my local garage it was diaganosed with no faults. there was also no check engine light on dash.

the problem turns out to be an ignition amplifer/ignition modulue. audi wanted £110 for it i got it via GFS for £75.

no/low signal was found via SNAP ON DIAGNOSTICS.

car now runs like magic, hope this helps someone eles out in future. :D