PDA

View Full Version : Viezu V Switch ???

SLW
23-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi
Any1 used one of these things yet
They claim to have 3 settings? If they work well then £399 is good value for Eco, Performance and Factory settings
Or would i be better just getting a remap.
Thanks
Steve

shaft-50
23-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi there.

Not going to advertise or promote anything but tell you my own thoughts/opinions.

I recently bought an ST3 unit which is a portable unit supplied by the tuning company and comes with two remaps of your choice (i had fast road and a eco/fast mix, however only use the fast road) and the unit also stores the factory map so that whenever you need to revert back you can do it yourself (takes 10 odd mins to do).

Guess the plus side of it for me is that i can change back to factory settings whenever i want, rather than having to go to the tuner to put it back to standard for me and also to re-load the map back on if vw reset it during routine trips (still under warranty) and save on possible charges from the tuner for this service.

As for the two maps, i dont think i will ever use the second one despite it being there. Only benefit of that would be if you were to take your car on a track, then you would use the track map and the normal upgraded map.

Hope this helps.

SLW
24-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks for that.

Did you get noticiable power economy / increase?

shaft-50
24-06-2009, 10:41 AM
According to a rolling road my car has had an increase of just under 50bhp.

That said, when driving it yes the performance has improved since the remap and also suprisingly the fuel economy has got better too for when i am not driving the car hard.

Overall, if i drive it hard then i have the extra power/performance and the car seems to drive better now too and when on normal driving mode then its good on fuel too.

I would say, yes its a lot of cash for something you cant see but then lifes too short and if you like to drive in all styles then go for it.

FYI. Some companies offer full refund if you not 100% happy with it so you got nothing to lose.

onzarob
24-06-2009, 11:27 AM
have a look at this thread http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=376452#post376452 it a very good offer and you can get good advice too ;)

SLW
24-06-2009, 03:32 PM
have a look at this thread http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=376452#post376452 it a very good offer and you can get good advice too ;)

Thanks, ive put my name down. Not sure what program's tho have?

sgtbanjo
25-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Just got mine today - the difference with the Fast Road map is night and day and economy is definately better. This is on a 170 tdi gt sport.

The Economy map is still more power than standard but supposedly better fuel economy (It's quoted as 20% better economy on the Viezu website)

I'm going to run the fast road for a week and then the economy to see how much difference there is.

Also if you buy outside of the group buy's and let them know you're a forum member it'll cost you 350 plus p&p