PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox Gone south :( 2.0tdi HDV

onzarob
23-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Well Finally got around to getting the thrust bearing changed on my 2.0TDI and it was lovely. well for 31 miles and the scraping noise still happens....i was hoping it was related to the thrust bearing.

Well the short and long of it is gearbox out and check the internals :( look like the wallet is going to take a battering ;)

Anyone else had issues with the HDV box and ideas what to look out for, I know about 'Surfer' with his 1st 2nd gear issue, anyone else? these 6 speed boxes seem a little touchy!!! My car has done 45K!!!

onzarob
24-06-2009, 04:41 PM
No comments :(

the surfer
24-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Need I say? I can relate; I feel your pain! arrrghhh :aargh4:

I'll be following this thread as I'll be interested to see the outcome.

In the meantime, best of luck!

onzarob
24-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Need I say? I can relate; I feel your pain! arrrghhh :aargh4:

I'll be following this thread as I'll be interested to see the outcome.

In the meantime, best of luck!

Thanks, well time will tell, it going in to a good independent, so will be interesting....

Will be back with update soon, Guy said he has fixed a few 6speed boxes one in an A3 2.0TDI. So let see if it is common ;)

the surfer
27-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks, well time will tell, it going in to a good independent, so will be interesting....

Will be back with update soon, Guy said he has fixed a few 6speed boxes one in an A3 2.0TDI. So let see if it is common ;)

Well best of luck, Rob.

I've heard a few horror stories regarding the VAG 6-speed.

It's very likely I'll be trading in my Golf on Tuesday for a Passat :D But I'll still be interested to see how things turn out for you.

I've been getting a few other issues on my Golf and I think I'll be glad to see the back of it.