PDA

View Full Version : VW ipod adaptor

ocelot0411
22-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Has anyone had the ipod adapter fitted to their car and if so what do you think, was it worth it?

I have seen that the actual adapter is about £75 but don't know how much it is to fit, does anyone know?

Thanks!!

wez99
22-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Just fitted the Xcarlink this weekend, it really is simple, with plenty of guides on this site & others. If fitting in glovebox, shouldnt take longer than 1 hour.
Just got a few issues with navigating the music, but that aside its very good.

petesaysblimey
03-07-2009, 09:27 AM
i've just bought a £30 aux in (3.5mm jack in to the headphone socket) adapter for my golf. will fit it and let you know how it goes.

hoping to route the cables through the centre console so i can sit it in the cup holder or something.

Mister T
03-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Do you mean the VW one?

I've got a Match TDI and it was standard fit in the center armrest.

The sound is OK, but how it works is a bit naff.... The head unit will only see the first 5 playlists on the iPod. Button 6 on the radio chooses ALL songs. It doesn't remember the playlist you were on if you turn off, then return later. Also doesn't remember if you choose random play from the head unit.

Track names are NOT shown

I've found that if you select the playlist you want direct from the iPod, start it playing, then plug it in, it stays on the playlist until you tell it otherwise.

All in all, its OK, but only OK....

Hope this helps.

Ben
03-07-2009, 10:04 PM
from what i've read, its naf and not worth the money.

sgtbanjo
04-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Track names are NOT shown

Which head unit do you have? I'm assuming the RDC300 without mp3 on it?

Mister T
04-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Which head unit do you have? I'm assuming the RDC300 without mp3 on it?

Its the RCD300 WITH MP3... shows track names from MP3 CD, but not from iPod. Just shows track number...

sgtbanjo
04-07-2009, 10:46 AM
How amateur. Get a grip VW

onzarob
04-07-2009, 05:53 PM
How amateur. Get a grip VW

Well to be fair the latest RCD310 show track names and playlists ;)

SSB25
30-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Totally new to this and just need some advice. I have MarkV Golf 1.6 Fsi. Was going to get an Ipod for hols and thought I maight as well get one that fits in the car too. There is a wee plug in thing in the centre console. Do I have to buy a specific kind of Ipod or will any of them fit? Also is it really worth my while? Going by previous posts you guys dont think it's that good? Am I right??

Cheers,

Sarah

Mister T
30-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Totally new to this and just need some advice. I have MarkV Golf 1.6 Fsi. Was going to get an Ipod for hols and thought I maight as well get one that fits in the car too. There is a wee plug in thing in the centre console. Do I have to buy a specific kind of Ipod or will any of them fit? Also is it really worth my while? Going by previous posts you guys dont think it's that good? Am I right??

Cheers,

Sarah

If its the factory fitted jobby in the armrest, then the older iPods fit. The size is adjusted with a plastic spacer thing that is supplied with the car. Not sure if the newer Touch iPods fit.

The compatibility list, and which spacer to use, should be with your handbook as an addendum to the radio booklet.

If you're getting an iPod anyway, what is there to lose? If it works in the car too, then BONUS....

Jonbtu
04-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I've got a VW Golf MK5 Match (2008) which has the ipod connection in the centre armrest.

I've got an old nano which is starting to fail, I'd like to get an ipod touch however I'd also like to be able to use it in the car. There isn't a sleeve for the touch, the VW dealers haven't been able to help as such, however they have said a Logic3 cable may do the trick.

Does anyone know if its feasible to connect a touch in? If so how.

Thanks