PDA

View Full Version : Adaptive Chassis Control

cs2009
22-06-2009, 01:07 PM
I have recently taken delivery of my new Golf GT TSI, which I am very pleased with. I went for the adaptive chassis control amongst other options.

I have found that whilst there is a big difference between the Sport and Normal settings, I can't really tell much difference between Normal and Comfort. Is this how it should be ?

Chris.

maisbitt
22-06-2009, 01:17 PM
The biggest difference between normal and comfort will be noticed going over speed bumps etc.

On the ACC, Comfort is a fixed setting at the soft end of the adaptive range, and sport is a fixed setting at the hard end of the range (with weighted steering and sharper throttle response). Normal is the adaptive setting, doing it's job by adjusting to the road conditions. The normal does such a good job of this, it can seem almost as soft as comfort in a lot of circumstances.

cs2009
22-06-2009, 01:28 PM
On the ACC, Comfort is a fixed setting at the soft end of the adaptive range, and sport is a fixed setting at the hard end of the range (with weighted steering and sharper throttle response). Normal is the adaptive setting, doing it's job by adjusting to the road conditions. The normal does such a good job of this, it can seem almost as soft as comfort in a lot of circumstances.

Thanks very much for that explanation.

I do tend to leave it in Normal mode. I have found that it is massively more comfortable than the S-Line suspension I had in my previous A3, yet handles far better too.

Chris.