PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Vagcom

Oliverphoenix
21-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Hello again gents. First off a big thankyou to all those who helped me on my last post. Two questions...
1. All I have for my car (98 audi avant 2.8 v6) is the primary key with a torch. I have checked it out and my car is remote locking primed but not enabled. I want a folding key with remote button, and have to obviously match the car/key to do this. I have no pins/codes etc. Is my best bet to go to the dealer and get them to do it or is there anothet way to do it? Remember I have no pin or codes. Just 1 key. Is it fisable to do it myself with a vagcom, which leads me to......
2. Apart from fleabay where can I get s vagcom in the UK mail order?

Many Thanks gents,

Ollie

olds_kool
22-06-2009, 03:07 PM
what was pump p/n just to be sure?

you can get keys off ebay and theres a guy on there who can cut the key blanks from a photo of your original,
you can program remote fob with any two keys but you need 4 digit skc to program key to immob.
vag tacho cable and software can pull the 4 digit skc from instrument cluster, then you can do it yourself

audi are not allowed to pull the 4 digit code and use a generated 7 digit one thats only valid for one day!

before i had vag tacho and vagcom i used a local automotive locksmith who charged £40

do you want genuine vagcom or shareware version? genuine has to come from ross tech (but they might have a uk supplier), if you just want cheap option you wont find cheaper than ebay

if you live anywhere near me i can do it for you

Oliverphoenix
22-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Hello olds kool. Thankyou yet again for your prompt reply. I have checkef it out and it is without a doubt remotely primed. That is a very kind and generous offer mate. I would like to take you up on if the geographys not too much of a drama! Where do you live? Obviously I would be coming to you. I have to gather the components (folding key/remote off ebay). I flew out to dubai on business this morning but will be back on the 2nd July. If this is ok with you I can rv anytime between the 2nd and the 14th july.What part of the country do you live in? In the meantime I will gather the bits and re-check the pump numbers soon as I am able.

Oliver

ini
22-06-2009, 10:42 PM
On a 98 you also have the option of getting some RFID savvy person (autolocksmith type bloke) to clone one of your existing key transponders.

May cost around £20ish.