PDA

View Full Version : Please Help No Signal displayed when Bluetooth phone connected???

keithlaw19
21-06-2009, 05:16 PM
We have a new Tiguan, connecting a Nokia 5100 Classic to it that has a 3 sim card/network.
The phone works fine, connectes to the bluetooth in the Tiguan and it displays all the phone book contents etc no problem but keeps displaying no signal i.e. to make a call.
Disconnect from the car and the phone has signal.....

Has anyone else experienced this? Is the car, the phone or the network?

Any reply/help really appreciated.

Cheers

keith:confused:

neilp65
06-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi all,

I have been having issues connecting my Nokia E63 phone to my MK6 VW Golf.

I have stumbled across this old post.. Sorry to drag it up after all this time - but it is a very similar scenario to the one I have at the moment.

I have a '10 plate Golf GT model, which comes with the RND510 bluetooth and sat nav unit. I can pair my Nokia E63 with it no problems, and my wife can connect her Nokia N95 with no problems.

Everything connects fine, but we both constantly lose our signal.
The phone stays paired just fine, but the signal bars are empty on the display. If you try and make a call, it just says "No signal"

It seems that when you are in rural areas or on motorways, the signal is fine, and it works well. As soon you are in built up areas, it dies again. I know that the phone when not paired with the car will work fine in these areas.

So, I have updated firmware, taken the car to Volkswagen who didn't to be honest do anything apart from tell me to delete the pairings and try again and let them know. As expected, this makes no difference.

I think I know what the issue is though and was hoping someone could back this up for me?

I think the issue is the "Three" mobile network. They have apparently a "restricted" network (according to other websites) which means that their transmitters won't accept the connection.

After chatting to a techie @ Three.. he confirmed that he couldn't really officially comment - but had heard of problems like this before and suggested that I maybe try a friends Sim card from another network in my phone.

He also told me that in rural areas Three share transmitters from other providers - which explains why it might work when out in the sticks!

When messing around in the bluetooth menus the other day, I noticed that you have the option of either connecting automatically or manually. When I choose Manual, and choose Three as the provider- I get the message "You are not allowed to connect to this network"

Seems that I have found the problem.

Anybody else seen this?

PS.. My mobile phone number was originall ported from Orange - so maybe that also makes a difference.

Cheers
Neil.