PDA

View Full Version : Not going over 80 mph

seatbeast
19-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Help i have a seat alhambra 1.9 tdi (2001)

i recently bought it and it drives fine but when i took it on the motorway it does not do more then 80 mph. I have had the dianostics done no fault found but the person recomended i change the air flow mass sensor changed might be faulty still no joy. I have checked the wheels for balancing which r fine aswell any ideas of what the problem will be

mcurrier
18-08-2009, 04:46 PM
hi i have exactly same problem and im not exactly machanical minded but if you look through here there are a few suggestions. just waiting for my alhambra to be bought back with dodgy hydraulics regarding clutch if you resolve the problem please post.

mcurrier
18-08-2009, 05:02 PM
someone did say that they was told to disconnect the airflow mass sensor which they did and there car was fine,anyone else try this or is it a bad idea?

Angarak
24-09-2009, 05:14 PM
someone did say that they was told to disconnect the airflow mass sensor which they did and there car was fine,anyone else try this or is it a bad idea?

It is a quick way of testing if the MAF is faulty. Disconnect it and take the car for a drive, if there is NO improvement in the performance its NOT likely to be a problem with the MAF sensor.

If the engine goes into 'limp' mode, its most likely an overboost issue which could require a new turbo.

alfadriver
20-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Maybe you've fixed this. It is most likely the MAF sensor, especially if the pick-up is sluggish. However, I had a problem after a service where the fools at the garage had pinched one of the vacuum pipes with a cable tie. This is the one which compares the vacuum with the airbox pressure. this allowed the car to work fine round town but at around 55mph when accelerating it would go into limp mode and pull back. Reading around this forum you will see that those vacuum pipes and the vacuum sensor they connect to are vital especially when accelerating.