PDA

View Full Version : evolutionchips remaps

sr-performance
19-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi, anyone wanting a quality remap on their pride and joy, please get in touch, we are also able to map EDC17/MED17 vehicles now at very good prices which include,

lifetime warranty on any remap

guaranteed diesel fuel improvement

7 day money back guarantee

WeegieBob
19-06-2009, 05:34 PM
I read an interesting article in Auto Express this week that insurance companies are hiking premiums regardless if the chip is eco or performance.

Whilst I'm of the opinion that its just another way for the insurance companies to screw us for more money, particularly in relation to performance remaps / chips, have you guys (and other remapping / chipping companies) been making representations to the insurance industry that eco remaps / chips should not be a green light for them to raise owners premiums who are trying to do their bit for the planet?

WeegieBob.

sr-performance
19-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi Mate,
No we dont go trying to push any premiums up, evolutionchips have in fact got a deal with greenlight insurance regarding anyone having a remap via us.
unless your a bad risk they will not up your premiums as they understand people wanting a economy remap and the benefits..
Have a look on evolutionchips.com they will have it worded better than me on their site..

WeegieBob
20-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the reply Steve - sorry, I must have written my first post badly, I wasn't meaning you guys are trying to push premiums up, I meant that insurance companies were taking the opportunity to increase owners premiums because owners took advantage of your (and similar companies) services.

I'm pleased to hear that Greenlight Insurance are not hyping premiums because an owner has his / her vehicle eco chipped - hopefully other insurance companies will soon follow their lead.

WeegieBob.

sr-performance
20-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Hiya mate,
no worries, most people just dont bother telling ins anyway, due to it being undetectable to them.. :beerchug:

nebw
20-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Hiya mate,
no worries, most people just dont bother telling ins anyway, due to it being undetectable to them.. :beerchug:
If you maim someone in your remapped car, and your insurer is looking at a personal injury settlement in high six figures, they will crawl all over your car and its ECU if they have the slightest hope of avoiding liability. Even with Bluefin type devices, if you're in a serious accident, you won't have the time or presence of mind to remap it to standard while they're cutting your legs free of the steering column and pedals.

Failing to declare a remap to an insurer is a scummy thing to do and all tuners should stand up and be counted and say straight out that it's anti-social and wrong.

I've remapped several cars. I've always declared it. I couldn't live with the idea that I might hit and seriously injure someone while uninsured. Saying that "all insurers are ********" is just avoiding the issue.