PDA

View Full Version : beetle battery removal

BornChaos
05-04-2007, 10:19 AM
in a 2000 beetle, what is holding the battery down and preventing it from moving around? I can't see anything by looking at it. The battery is encased in a velcro fabric type sheath and then a plastic shield that surrounds the battery. There are a few bolts behind the battery (not under it) that I can see, but when i shake the battery from side to side, i see no motion in those bolts. Are those what hold the battery down to the vehicle? I can hardly fit anything in there, let alone my hand, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to get to the bolts that hold the battery to the vehicle I would be greatly appreciative. This is my girlfriends car and i've never popped the hood open so pardon me if i'm completely clueless.. Thanks in advance!

onzarob
06-04-2007, 08:00 AM
I found this diagram for you, its a clamp at the bottom of the battery,

Rob:D

BornChaos
06-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the help. I just started taking things apart, starting with the power steering (i think..) pump next to the battery. I moved it to the side without disconneting the lines and then removed the plastic shield that surrounds the battery and THEN I saw the metal clamp/bracket that holds down the battery.
first time working on this car ever haha.. much harder than my 4runner :-P