PDA

View Full Version : How To Get rid of oil drops on my N/S alloy?

Zeb
18-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi all,

The oil marks on my alloy would not come off, I tried using muck off kit but that never worked, I even did some elbow grease but that too never came off.

Can anyone recommand any product or advice on how I can remove the oil marks?

Will try and upload pics 2moro.

benjie
18-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Is it defo oil? I had it and it turned out to be pAS fluid mixed with brake dust = new power steering rack!

(Just a thought!)

Zeb
19-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Is it defo oil? I had it and it turned out to be pAS fluid mixed with brake dust = new power steering rack!

(Just a thought!)

Im pretty sure it is. I dont think this is to do with PAS problem, will post up the pics 2day.

Zeb
19-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Here are the pics:

spartacus 68
19-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Might seem a little straight-forward, but a little T-Cut on a damp cloth should shift it. You'll need to seal the alloys on completion. Can't go wrong with a couple coats of Collinite or Meguires Carnuba wax.:D

Zeb
20-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Might seem a little straight-forward, but a little T-Cut on a damp cloth should shift it. You'll need to seal the alloys on completion. Can't go wrong with a couple coats of Collinite or Meguires Carnuba wax.:D

Thanks spartacus,

Never thought T -cut can be used on alloys!!!

Will have a try, but im going to refurb my alloys as the n/s one is badly kerbed and on the spokes.
As soon as I get a job (fingers crossed).

:)

spartacus 68
20-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks spartacus,

Never thought T -cut can be used on alloys!!!

Will have a try, but im going to refurb my alloys as the n/s one is badly kerbed and on the spokes.
As soon as I get a job (fingers crossed).

:)

It's a petroleum based cutting compound. The alloys are no different to the bodywork. Primer, colour-coat, and top coat (lacquer). Oven-baked, etc.

Make sure alloys are washed before working on them - and use a damp cloth with a small amount of T-Cut. Buff off, then apply a couple of coats of wax. Job done.:D

Zeb
20-06-2009, 11:55 PM
It's a petroleum based cutting compound. The alloys are no different to the bodywork. Primer, colour-coat, and top coat (lacquer). Oven-baked, etc.

Make sure alloys are washed before working on them - and use a damp cloth with a small amount of T-Cut. Buff off, then apply a couple of coats of wax. Job done.:D

No worries :)

I will do that 2moro morning and post the pics too.