PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPhone and Audi

thewaterboy08
18-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Has anybody got an iPhone and use it with their Bluetooth Phone Kit Low

Any comments on how it works?

Also to listen to the music through your radio, Im assuming you connect it up through a the glove box and purchase a lead. How does the phone work in this instance.

Am thinking of getting the new 3G iPhone but it will be an expensive mistake if doesnt work with my car.

Currently using a Blackberry Storm and the sound quality is poor enough compared to my old Blackberry Perl

troc
18-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I had my iphone happily bluetoothed to the car (for the 2 days I had the car....) and it worked. You can make/receive calls from the MFSW and handsfree works as expected.

I also tried using the iPhone plugged into the AMI as an iPod and that worked perfectly as well.

Can't remember if I tried both at the same time as such (i.e. phone plugged in in the glovebox, playing music whilst also bloetoothed to the phone prep. low) but as far as I know it should work :)

mallymclane
18-06-2009, 12:03 PM
the 3.0 update released yesterday by apple introduces bluetooth audio, so you should be able to play music through that now...

Jop
19-06-2009, 08:27 AM
iphone and 3G version work perfectly well with bluetooth low (and MMI High aka dvd/hdd nav)

full access to your phone book over bluetooth.

it also works when connected to AMI, although the phone does display the message "this accessory is not designed for iphone. turn off radio's? yes/no"
you can press no or just ignore the message to keep the phone working as a phone.

IMO, straight forward bluetooth low is as good as you are going to need need. RSAP adapters and bluetooth high are possibly more hassle than they are worth.

cpd1
20-06-2009, 08:06 AM
if you want to streamline music via bluetooth you will need the AMI bluetooth adapter (http://www.iamaudi.com/audi-music-interface-bluetooth-adapter/) rather than the normal cable that is usually included with AMI.
I don't think Bluetooth Low will allow you to streamline music otherwise but I migth be wrong