PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A4 Tdi 2.5 Quattro

kevinio
17-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Sir’s,

Did you know Audi Cars ONLY guarantee their Engines for 100k miles?

ON a Perceived Quality manufacturer, I think this is diabolical, when you consider KIA is offering a 7 year warranty or 100k guarantee. Of which the First 3 years it is UNLIMITED mileage.

I have an A4 Avante Quattro 2.5 ltr Diesel April 2002 MY, it has JUST done 103 k miles, and a rod has thrown…..apparently, according to the Audi Dealers, whom have had the pleasure of my business from NEW.

This engine was supposed to be Bullet proof, according to the press of the day, when it first came out…so obviously to my surprise when the engine let go we obviously think, there was a fundamental fault of which was never diagnosed in any of the services and least of all released to the general public.

We bought the car as a result of many years of 2 wheel driving in Mercedes and BMWs and since purchasing the A4 we have loved every minute of the experience, until the dreaded day, which resulted in a massive cloud of black smoke, and a surge of power that could only be controlled by me stamping on the footbrake, until which time the engine let go and I coasted to a halt, trailing behind a lovely long trail of oil.

According to Audi, the car was out of warranty and because of which the car is not their problem, and also because it has done more than 100k miles they are not interested in supporting me to either get it fixed, or pay me for the car, a decent amount that would actually go towards a deposit on another AUDI.

Anyone contemplating buying a car of this Perceived Quality had better make sure that if they buy one they “FIT for Purpose” or NEVER do more than 100k miles.

I would very much appreciate any positive guidance you could give me.

Yours truly,

Kevin Pickett :mad:

spartacus 68
17-06-2009, 10:23 PM
I'd follow this up with a letter to Audi UK and send by recorded delivery - to a named person. The dealer is simply quoting the company line, however that simply isn't good enough. If it's been serviced from new (according to manufacturer's specification), then I can't see how they can simply hang you out to dry. Surely some degree of goodwill would be in their favour to maintain you as a loyal customer.

Well-maintained engines, especially the V6 2.5 lump should be good for in excess of 200,000 miles. However, and this is the 'but', engines can still wear prematurely, cambelts and pulley bearings can fail unexpededly even before renewal dates.

Their get-out of jail card, is driving style. I've been quoted the same line before, not just from Audi, but from Mercedes - when I queried how a shock absorber strut could fail on my wife's car (lower cup completely collapsed) forcing the coil spring onto the tyre. Could have been catastrophic at speed. Mercedes analysed the part and concluded it was wear and tear. My own view - is poor design.