PDA

View Full Version : Symphony Audio Display Fault

Top Gooner
04-04-2007, 06:39 PM
I have recently acquired a used Audi A4 cabriolet and am very pleased with it. The only bug-bear is that there are a couple of lines missing on the led display on the head unit of the Symphony II sound system. The local Audi dealer has offered me a re-conditioned one for £350; I'm tempted but it seems a lot to pay for a few red dots!
Does anyone know if the displays are repairable and, if so, how I may go about getting it done?:1zhelp:

RickT
04-04-2007, 11:27 PM
the only option i have found are re-conned units, I have not found any companies which repair or replace the screens only as the LCD screen's cost about £150.. plus labour..

just to confirm.. this is on the Head unit rather than on the speedo cluster?

RicKT

Top Gooner
04-04-2007, 11:38 PM
RicKT,
Thanks for your response.
Yes, the fault is on the display of the head unit rather than in the instrument panel. The fault is petty but irritates me; it looks as though my choice is between £350 or putting up with it! :(
Regards,
Top Gooner

RickT
05-04-2007, 12:33 AM
if i was you.. i would put up with it until it fails completly or until its really bad.. then replace..

Remeber these head units go on Ebay all the time!

RickT

Top Gooner
05-04-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm sure you're right RickT.
I think, unless something else crops up, I'll put up with it and keep an eye on eBay for a replacement.
Thanks for your help.

Froggy
11-04-2007, 04:00 PM
We mend these, although the display is lots of money unfortunately. Without knowing exactly which part number you have I can't quote a price, but see this thread for our contact details.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1842&highlight=OE+Electronics

Top Gooner
11-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi Froggy,
Just had a qick look for any information that may be useful. I've found my radio card which lists the model as "symphony" and the serial no. as "AUZ5Z4B5189773". Is that any use. If not, where might I find the part number?
If you were able to repair/replace the display, could it be done while I wait if I drove down to Wiltshire? If not, what would the turnaround be?
Thanks for getting in touch.
Top Gooner

Froggy
11-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi - The part number will be something like 8E0035195C or similar, and you may have number beginning with CX or CV on it as well. These would help.

If we have a display on site then it wouldn't be out of the question for a while you wait repair, although it's not our normal "modus operandi" !

The problem is if we don't have the display board on site as they can genuinely take months to come through...:(, hence the need for the exact part number.

Top Gooner
11-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Hello again,
I'll try and find out what the part number is - I'll ask my local dealership tomorrow and let you know. I can tell you it is the model with the 6 disc changer in the dash board, behind the head unit.
If it's possible, I'd prefer to bring the car down for it to be done as I wouldn't want to be without any tunes for too long. If I have to wait for months for the part to arrive, so be it.
Be back in touch tomorrow.

Top Gooner
12-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi Froggy,
Just spoken to Stafford Audi, who tell me that the part number is - 8E0057195CX. Is that any help?
Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.
Regards,
Top Gooner

Froggy
12-04-2007, 11:33 AM
I'll come back to you....

Froggy
16-04-2007, 02:15 PM
OK - The theory is that you have a CQ-EA1070L - Can you remove the unit and confirm that the unit label has this number on it. If it does then we Normally have front panels in stock, but I'll confirm when you came back to me.

Top Gooner
17-04-2007, 10:20 AM
I'll get someone to have a look and get back to you.
Thanks again for your help.

Top Gooner
02-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi,
I can confirm that the unit label number is, as you suspected, CQ-EA1070LA.
I'll leave it with you and hope to hear from you soon.