PDA

View Full Version : Ipod dock / Bluetooth

jimr1
16-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Well my A4 Final edition Cab goes into the dealers tomorrow 1 month after i took delivery of it Minus the ipod dock it should have had cos they had run out of cd changers.

I have asked the dealer to see what the possibilities of having bluteooth put in, its a very big job apparently the dealer informed me as the head unit, steering wheel and DIS will all have to be compatible, AFAIK they already are and is it not just a case of fitting the module and mic and then some coding??. :confused:

i will find out tomorrow when i take it in.

Have been quoted for fitting elsewhere, but IMHO its a bit pricey.

any other experiences on this by other members??

Ta

Jim

a8 tech
16-06-2009, 08:44 PM
if you have mfsw then oem bluetooth will cost about £300 FITTED EASY 3 HOURS TOPS
YOU DON'T NEED TO CHANGE THE DASH,FIT THE BT UNIT AND THE MIC AND CODE DASH,RADIO AND STEERING COLUMN CONTROL UNIT.

jimr1
16-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Is this something dealers will do, if the price is fair i dont mind paying for something which will get used regularly.

That price is 100 quid less than i have been quoted. and falls into a fair price category.

Appreciate the speedy response

a8 tech
16-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Dealers subcontract this retro fit as it isnt approved by Audi as a retro fit so the liability is on the dealer should any issue rise from the install.Another option is this kithttp://fiscon-mobile.com/products/rns_e.php
Try Craig for a professional install of oem kits http://www.tclsatnav.com/ Craig is without doubt the best option and in my mind the best installer in the UK

jimr1
16-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I have the MFSW, and the RNS-E with all the phonebook stuff.

Think i will see what the dealer has to say tomorrow, but i think i will probably take it to craig and get it done there. he seems to be recommended quite often on this forum so must be good at what he does.

and as someone keeps telling me "cheapest option isnt always the best one"

Cheers for the info

a8 tech
16-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Tell him i sent you,i only suggest the best and i have seen his work and its spot on

jimr1
16-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Will do

jimr1
22-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Tell him i sent you,i only suggest the best and i have seen his work and its spot on

a8 tech,

Took your advice and have had craig fit me the bluetooth today, an excellent job done by a sound bloke.

Thanks once again

Jim

a8 tech
22-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Great stuff,that's another pint he owes me,lol