PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Can't run computer diags...help

topgazza
04-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Took my Passat in for its first service and dealer can't run the diags program because I have has a Blaupunkt DAB radio fitted and it is stopping the diag prog running. I understand that as the program checks the radio and if it can't run diags is stops the whole program. I remember something about a link or wire that needs to be removed from the radio din plug to disable this feature. Anyone know what that is ?

Dealer is checking with VW as well

Sam
04-04-2007, 06:53 PM
It's the "K-wire"

See here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/aftermarket-radio.html

topgazza
04-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Many thanks...now I remember. Thing is do I cut/remove the K line wire from my plug and the dealer will be able to run diags ? Or should I just tell him what the issue is ? Obviously I don't want bhim to start charging me...

This was a professionally fitted radio and not a homer......

Sam
04-04-2007, 07:36 PM
I'd let the dealership know.

They may choose to refuse to do the service, if they do, just pull the radio out first.

topgazza
04-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Cheers Sam. Top man. I did suggest disconnecting the radio after they did the service....;)...they just looked at me blank like I'd just suggested the world was round

I'll call them tomorrow and tell them that when I bring it in for a new seat belt under warranty, I will disconnect the radio for them so they don't stub their fingers.

Col
04-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Funny that, seems as VW themselves offer a Blau Woodstock 54 DAB radio as an accessory !!!

Look here...

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/accessories/SearchAccessories.do?range=unselected&groupId=131&modelId=0&text=&pager.offset=20

I'd remind them of this !

Also the K line if not disconnected sends +12volts straight into their diagnostic machine, so quite understandably they are a little cagey.

topgazza
04-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Tee Hee!

I did point out that the DAB 54 is in their VW list....again. the :dunno: look.

I presume disconnecting the K-Line wire has, in effect, the same affect as pulling the radio out to the diagnostic tool and that its not required for normal radio use. Its not clear from that link

Snippers at the ready.......or should I just stick to plan A and pull the radio when it goes back in ?