PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Checklist

manic-vw
16-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Just been told by my dealer that my car has been built and ready for shipment, and so should be available for delivery in couple of weeks!!:beerchug:As I havent really purchased a "new" car before, just wanted to know if any of you have devised a checklist to take to the dealers to make sure you dont miss out on any accessories and function checks at the time of delivery, as I would really like to keep my visits to the dealer to the absolute minimum post purchase.
I am getting a 1.4TSI 160 DSG 5dr.

james_tiger_woo
16-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Nice :)

Check the obvious switches and ensure you get it in daylight - check for paint scratches, chips, etc and check the wheels for kerbing, etc.

Good luck and congrats :)

manic-vw
16-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks James,
also I should remember to ask for the ipod/usb cables.

james_tiger_woo
16-06-2009, 07:58 PM
And make sure they work......

Early-1800
17-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Also if they promised a full tank of fuel check it actually has a full tank of fuel. At least twice this has happened to me and does spoil what should be nice day.....

ptolemy
17-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Nice :)

Check the obvious switches and ensure you get it in daylight - check for paint scratches, chips, etc and check the wheels for kerbing, etc.

Good luck and congrats :)

Not only check it in daylight but also the dry. Called 'God's varnish' in the trade, a drop of rain covers scratches and pin dents a treat. Might be worth phoning the day before to confirm that there will be an undercover area for the handover should the rain come. Whenever I sold a new car it was always handed over in the showroom and then moved outside when the customer was happy. :Blush:

Keithuk
10-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I know this is an old topic but if anyone else is interested there is a checklist (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=80080&) on here. ;)

PhilDon
10-03-2010, 06:34 PM
make sure the bottle opener is there - very cool

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to get off the premises however - go over everything very carefully & point out anything you don't feel is 100%

then drive off & enjoy!

vwcabriolet1971
10-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Remove spare wheel and offer it up against wheel on car & then decide whether you want to order full size spare.

Keithuk
11-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Remove spare wheel and offer it up against wheel on car & then decide whether you want to order full size spare.
I don't think you would get a full size tyre in the spare wheel well, that why there use the space saver? ;)

vwcabriolet1971
11-03-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't think you would get a full size tyre in the spare wheel well, that why there use the space saver? ;)

My full size SE Alloy Wheel/tyre is sitting comfortably in the wheel well . It is a a bit of a squeeze but it does fit & is designed for it. In order to acommodate the increased height of the full size wheel you do have to purchase a pair of polystyrene (?) (lh & rh) boot "inserts" which raise the boot floor . The existing tool kit holder (incl. tools) fits into the 16"alloy wheel. It does raise the boot floor by about 90mm thus reducing the boot capacity a little.
I wasn't happy with the "mickey mouse" minature spare spacesaver wheel .If you've ever driven around Birmingham with the very high "speed bumps" you will appreciate how damaging this could be to the car underside especially if the std. spacesaver was fitted to the front. Also how would the std. spacesaver have fared in the recent snow ? It is possible to order a "full size" steel spare wheel & tyre but I elected to go the full Alloy wheel route reasoning that having a std alloy wheel would give me more flexability in juggling tyres around ( I always seemed to end up with one new tyre and one part worn on one axle). I did fit a complete 12mm plywood covering for the boot floor to allow me to carry heavy objects & garden refuse. The standard boot mat fit over this plywood floor. Also the "inserts" have a number of pockets which are useful for tools , torches, warning triangles, compressor, etc.
You will have gathered that I am a DIY guy even though I have full RAC get you home cover. What happens if you are half way to Aberdeen at 3a.m. on Sunday morning ( bank holiday ?) and you are limited to 50mph on motorway and 120 mile distance limit with the spacesaver ? 20 mins & I am back on road at 70mph.
I can always revert back to the spacesaver if boot space is a problem ( unlikely for wife & I) but would not feel "safe" on long run .
I understand that some counties have a full size steel spare wheel/tyre as standard ( South Africa, Australia,etc ? - sensible chaps !).

Insert P/Nos. 1K6858857B & 1K6858857C price about £14 ea.
Full size SE spec std. alloy wheel 1K0601025BM16Z about £ 250
Tyre £80 (continental 205/55/16 V) ( steel wheel/tyre is about £180)
Extended black plastic Spare Wheel "bolt & hand nut" 1K0803899D about £5.