PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Odd one - Rattle by rear passenger side wheel

ainswl
16-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Got a MKV 2.0 TDI 140 and have not had any problems with it until this strange clanging noise by the rear passenger side wheel. I took it into Kwikfit to check the exhaust, so they lifted it and nothing obviously loose on the undercarriage. I took out the spare tyre - still clanging.

What happens is that I hit any bump or dip in the road over 10 mph and you get a really load clanging. Admittedly I did hit a speed bump quite hard on Saturday, but nothing underneath seems to be loose.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, as I am due to go to Cornwall this w/e for a mate's wedding and i do not want to take the car if it cannot be addressed.

Thanks in advance,

Leon

mmvw
16-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I have had a small pebble in the front wheel that caused a clanging as it hit the brake disc. It sounds like your noise is something else though. Is your suspension OK? My brother had a spring break in his Mk2 Golf due to speed humps.

ainswl
16-06-2009, 01:28 PM
After quite a bit of research on the web it is looking like a suspension problem - rear bushes. I have got it in the garage now and we will see what they come back with I am not expecting it to be cheap :(

Thanks for your help.