PDA

View Full Version : Question Newcomer - Bluefin

chrismedcal1
15-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi All

I have just purchased an 06 plate MK5 TDi 140. Picking it up on Thursday:Blush:

Have started looking into a few bits for it,

1st question - Has anyone upgraded their 140 with a blufin-superchips remap and can you tell me your opinion of the upgrade, mpg/performance, drivability.

2nd question I will ask on a 2nd post to keep this one on the subject

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Chris

sr-performance
15-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi chris,
we can remap your car, 35bhp and 75nm torque, with this remap you get a fuel economy improvement as well. any questions feel free to ask.. :beerchug:

chrismedcal1
16-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Sounds great, I have a couple of questions

1) Roughly how much would this cost/how long would this take?
2) Where would I need to bring the car to have this done?
3) I like the idea of the bluefin as you can reset back to the factory settings at any time, how easy would this be with the remap option?

Thanks for the input

sr-performance
16-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi chris,
sorry my fault for missing bluefin!!
we dont do a hand held programmer, if that's what you want try BVR who advertise on here, they will sort you out.
But if you change your mind and want a remap instead giz a shout.. :)
you shouldn't really have any need for putting it back to std? once it's mapped you will prob never take it off because you will miss the extra power/torque/mpg improvement..
we charge £280 which includes us coming to you and takes approx an hour.. :)

thanks for getting back to us chris

chrismedcal1
16-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi Steve

Thanks for the info, the fact that this is so much cheaper than a bluefin may swing it for me! Really appreciate your swift response and I'll be in touch.

Can I just ask you, is the remap performance really noticeable, ie make a hugh difference to the drive of the car. Also if you visit for the work do you need anything special? ie large space or is this fully mobile, could it be done for example at the car park at work?

Anyone else had a remap or bluefin? I'd like your opinions.

Thanks again

Chris

sr-performance
16-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi chris,
yes a remap makes a hell of a difference as you gain power/ torque and better on fuel so you actually save money as well..

i'm fully mobile mate so a car park would be no prob, just let me know when your ready. and thanks.. :beerchug: