PDA

View Full Version : ATS - Poor Service

andyrp
15-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Got a flat on Friday so called Hitachi Capital. They gave me the number for 2 local ATS centres (Scunthorpe - 15 minutes away and Doncaster 30 minutes away from my house). Called Scunthorpe and was told they only really do trucks; didn't even suggest one of their other depoits to try. I then called Doncaster who said I would need to go in so they could check the other tyres. So first thing Saturday morning I take the family to ATS Doncaster who confirmed I only needed one tyre (could of told them that myself) and then they said they would have to order a new tyre in. Monday afternoon call Doncaster ATS to see if they have the tyre only to be told they are having difficulty locating and to try again tomorrow.

I am now getting a bit fed up so call Hitachi Capital to expedite this (i.e. moan and complain), they call Doncaster ATS who locate a tyre on the system and will be sending one of their technicians to collect it so they can fit it today. Where are you collecting it from I asked? Scunthorpe came the reply! Well in that caseIwill go to the Scunthorpe depot as I work 5 minutes from there. OK said the ATS man not a problem I will let them know you are coming.

Arrived at ATS Scunthorpe and not a truck tyre in sight! They fitted it no problem although their customer service and attitude was seriously lacking (with the exception of the guy who did the job that is).

And to cap it off what really annoys me is that Hitachi Capital insist on the tyre being a Michelin although the others are Bridgestones.

Tomorrow I will be contacting Hitachi Capital to complain as ATS are really leting them down.

Andy

kodkod.84
15-06-2009, 10:31 PM
I can see Hitachi wanting Michelins only, as Michelin own ATS so must have some kind of deal going down.

I would have the same kind of OCD running two different tyres on my car :biglaugh:

andyrp
16-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Just noticed that they fitted an Extra Load tyre; al lthe others are standard. Does this matter?

Andy

RickT
16-06-2009, 09:44 PM
They should of matched the tyre in my opinion, in regards to the load, what rating is on it? and what rating is on the others??

Rick

andyrp
18-06-2009, 07:33 PM
They fitted a 98Y tyre and the others are 94Y.

Andy