PDA

View Full Version : Question Can I upgrade my audi factory sound system (concert) to the B&O ??

bjohn
15-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey Guys....I just recently bought a new B8 1.8TFSI with a concert sound system with the factory speakers.....was wondering if this could be changed to the B&Os??

troc
15-06-2009, 12:46 PM
The basic answer is no I'm afraid. Whilst it's always possible to change anything if you throw enough money at it, I think the upgrade would cost far too much for it to be worth it. The B&O system uses a fully digital network to transmit the data - some of that might be present if you have the sat-nav but almost all of it (at least) would require installation which would mean removing most of the interior of the car for a start :( So even just the labour would be prohibitive probably.

You would be far better off getting the head unit and speakers replaced by good quality after-market gear - you'd be able to get a result as good as or better than the B&O for a much more acceptable outlay.

I have a feeling people have asked before and then fainted when someone (A8-tech?) told them how much it would cost.

mkc
15-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Hey Guys....I just recently bought a new B8 1.8TFSI with a concert sound system with the factory speakers.....was wondering if this could be changed to the B&Os??

You could probably up rate the amp in the boot and change some of the speakers but I think the wiring loom is probably of a better quality. Thats one of the first things to go in the car so getting to that would be almost impossible. You could probably change the head unit aswell but I it might not look right on the dash if it didnt fit correctly.

bjohn
16-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Thanks guys....I figured as much.....is there anything you guys recommend for the speakers and the amp ?? I really dont want to change the headunit as I dont want to mess up the look.