PDA

View Full Version : Trip computer ## Following onto Oil for 1.8T ##

Niklock
04-04-2007, 12:45 PM
i'm picking up my 1.8T tomorrow and i dont think ive got instructions for the trip computer anyone got any idears?

alexC
04-04-2007, 01:00 PM
It's fairly intuitive. Just toggle through the menus using the up and down buttons at the end of the right hand stick on the steering column. Pressing and holding the reset button under the righthand stick resets everything. Tapping the reset button takes you thorugh to another set of options which gives you the same output but you can reset it at different intervals to the other menu.

That's how it works on the A4 anyway.

Niklock
04-04-2007, 01:02 PM
ok cheers i'll give it a go

Desdesigner
04-04-2007, 02:15 PM
ok cheers i'll give it a go

Took me abit to get used to but its a damn good bit of kit to be honest!:D

Niklock
05-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I took a look under the bonet this afternoon and the guy told me it would get a service before i take it away, after a few mins it became clear that it had'nt been touched. I did the air filter and fuel filter and, then dicided i might as well do the oil and filter too. whats the prefered oil for the1.8T and how much dose it take. I'm not too sure on the perfomance either, when its booted it dosent seem to boost too good you cant really feel the turbo, is that normal because i'm used to quite a push after the pulsar, perhaps i was spoiled ??

RickT
06-04-2007, 02:14 AM
Sounds to me mate they have just reset the service indictor without lifting the bonnet... however is always best to service it your self to make sure uts done right :Blush:

In regards to oil... i dont run a 1.8T..so i cant recommend a product..

When you say you cant feel the turbo... what sort of time are you getting 0-60 roughly?? are you getting a kick in 2nd and 3rd??

Comparing it to the Pulser..its like comparing it to a go-kart and a push bike!! the pulser power to weight ratio is wicked... (shopping tolley weight!!) Great little jap imports still out there running strong!!

RicKT

Niklock
06-04-2007, 09:31 AM
No i dont seem to get a kick anywhere:zx11: