PDA

View Full Version : 2000 A3 1.6 Sport

omegadirective
04-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Hey folks,

I have a 2000 1.6 A3 sport, which is badly in need of a few upgrades. Dipped beam has suprisingly bad visibility at night, and the full beam could do with being a bit brighter as well. Any ideas on what the best upgrades would be?

My brakes are also starting to get badly worn, soon in need of replacing and again would like an upgrade. Any ideas on these too?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks! :D

RickT
06-04-2007, 02:23 AM
I have a 2000 1.6 A3 sport, which is badly in need of a few upgrades. Dipped beam has suprisingly bad visibility at night, and the full beam could do with being a bit brighter as well. Any ideas on what the best upgrades would be?

HID kit... or if you want to say with the standard type of bulbs.. go for PHILIPS Blue visoon plus.. or Osram..

My brakes are also starting to get badly worn, soon in need of replacing and again would like an upgrade. Any ideas on these too?

in what aspect... pads only or disc upgrade also?

if pads and discs.. theres loads out there on the market.. however if you are wanting power stopping.. look for the an S3 or Brembo like on the Leon 225.. I have "heard" these should fit on out of the box.. but do your reaseach first..

RicKT

RickT

omegadirective
06-04-2007, 10:50 AM

I have been looking at the Phillips Blue Visions, they looks pretty good. After reading about the HID kits I quite fancy getting them, but they seem like a lot of work and expense, however I will look into them too!

The S3 brakes are something I never thought of with my car being considerably slower than an S3, but it is probably my best bet! I will look into the Leon 225 brakes as well, as I would imagine they would be slightly cheaper than the S3 brakes.

Thanks for your reply! Very much appreciated! Will look into these ASAP!:D