PDA

View Full Version : Please Help emissions light keeps coming on HELP its costing me a fortune

killachef
11-06-2009, 07:41 PM
in the last 6 months i have had both cats changed a new egr valve 2 new lamba?? probes
all this to try and cure the continual problem of the emissions light coming on and still after all this again today she is back staring me in the eyes begging for more money.
it seems to be about every 500 to 600 miles

please help me i am sinking:zx11::1zhelp::1zhelp:

killachef
11-06-2009, 07:42 PM
sorry it a 04 mark5 golf 1.6fsi

VW_GTTDI
11-06-2009, 09:59 PM
When my emissions light came on, luckily enough i knew someone with the vag-com software, when they hooked it up to the laptop it was something as simple as a blown fuse in the main fuseboard under the bonnet! Try to find someone local to you with vag-com.

davidphys
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
:dunno: can anyone tell me when the emmissions warning light should go out; is it when all other symbols go out after turning ignition on for couple of secs or when you start the engine, mine does the latter and been told this is normal

thanks dave 54 plate GTTDI 140(175 with remap)

saabman
14-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Bugger :(

Mine was comming on and off for a while but only when my wife drove the car ;)

it eventually came on when I was in the car and so I was able to track it down. In my case it was the wiring from the EGO sensor was rubbing on a ribbed metal pipe and the insulation was damaged causing an intermittant short to ground, moved the wire and patche dthe insulation and no more problem. I hope yours is that simple.

BTW it occured as a result of the dealer replacing the EGO sensor at an earlier service and routing the cable incorrectly.

in the last 6 months i have had both cats changed a new egr valve 2 new lamba?? probes
all this to try and cure the continual problem of the emissions light coming on and still after all this again today she is back staring me in the eyes begging for more money.
it seems to be about every 500 to 600 miles

please help me i am sinking:zx11::1zhelp::1zhelp: