PDA

View Full Version : Chrome exhausts

scottishbud
10-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Recent replies from my local audi dealer regarding exhaust on s-lines!

- I just noticed on an Audi forum that new cars with start/stop technology will not have Chrome exhausts even if they are S-lines!
The brochure says they will.

I am concerned the car just ordered will be the same!

Can you please comment?

The Audi will come with black tailpipes on it when it comes from the factory. I realise this is not what is stated in the brochure but advise you to look at the rear page which states; Specifications and prices subject to change without notice.

If anything changes I will let you know as soon as I do.

Are Audi having chrome exhaust as an extra for the S-line?

There is nothing planned through product development at the moment. Their next product enhancement will not be until around August 2010 for a model year update.

How do the black tail pipes look? Can we get chrome ones???

Plife
10-06-2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=70929

I think the car looks **** without the chrome exhaust. If I got one without it would be an aftermarket back box for me!!

onemanparty
10-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Can we get chrome ones???

Yes you can as an aftermarket fit £55 for the TT 2.0TDI so should be the same this is from any Audi dealer

B19RAK
10-06-2009, 01:41 PM

- I just noticed on an Audi forum that new cars with start/stop technology will not have Chrome exhausts even if they are S-lines!

Can you please comment?

The Audi will come with black tailpipes on it when it comes from the factory. I realise this is not what is stated in the brochure but advise you to look at the rear page which states; Specifications and prices subject to change without notice.

There is nothing planned through product development at the moment. Their next product enhancement will not be until around August 2010 for a model year update.

Do you think my non stop/start multitronic will have them on?

Jop
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
thats $hit and contradicts what Audi UK told me just last week. :mad::zx11:

None chrome exhausts look pants

A1287210
10-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know of any chrome tips for an SE twin pipe or are these the same as the S-lines??

B19RAK
10-06-2009, 06:40 PM

Can you please comment?

Called my supplying dealer, Leeds Apex and asked the person dealing with my order. Said she wasn't aware and no-one else knew anything but would investigate for me. I made it clear that mine was Multitronic and would it be affected as non stop start.

Bratty
11-06-2009, 03:14 AM
Bit of a dilema! Does anyone have any tips on how to remove burnt on pubic hair from chrome exhaust tips?

Dunk;)

rd1
11-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Does anyone know of any chrome tips for an SE twin pipe or are these the same as the S-lines??

The Audi TT ones look the biz on my SE and IMO well worth the £55 from the dealer:biglaugh::biglaugh:.
Roger

Red 2
12-06-2009, 05:15 AM
Audi sell chrome tips for the A4 and A5 SE, about £55/pair.

A1287210
12-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks RED I was hoping for some cheaper alternatives.

Damo

73kingstonroad
22-06-2009, 05:11 PM
UPDATE.... From Audi (UK)
They are aware of the issues with cars arriving without chrome trims and are dealing with it.
Contact your local dealership for more details I'm been told.

Martin

scottishbud
22-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I assume a lot of people are complaining!