PDA

View Full Version : Question SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification)

RickT
09-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Question,

My Audi A4 has been on SORN since Jan 09 due to the head gasket failing in October 2008 (some of you may of read the thread) and then it was repaired.

Since Jan 09 the car has been off the road as i have not needed it as i have just been running our Golf, however how i would like to put the car back on the road..

The question is, from what date of the month can i TAX the to ensure I get a full 6/12 months of tax,

For example if i tax it today, It the tax will be issued from the first of this monthand i will lose in affect 10 days of taxed motoring :D

Any ideas on what date i can apply for tax and get the full period?

I remember or think its up 15 days before but cant find any offical document stating this.

Any Advice?

Cheers

Rick

onzarob
09-06-2009, 08:54 PM
The 15 days is for the renewal, for a New tax then you will need to do it no more than 5 day before, but I've had the PO say 3 days in the past before the end of the month.

I lost 2 weeks this year due to putting my golf on mid Feb, But i needed the transport...the best thing was (well not best) I had 2 months left on my Audi which I tried to cash in...took them 2 months to say the form was wrong and they don't do back dating of claims :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

HTH

Rob:D

paul b
10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I went through this taxing the Octavia which had been off the road some 3 years.

I taxed it at the post office, as the online thing wouldn't let me do it. It kept saying the car's reg number wasn't recognised. :confused:

Anyhow if I try to renew it now, it does recognise the number. Maybe the system forgot about the car. :D

I did tax it just a couple of days before the month end, I waited 2 weeks to put it on the road just so I didn't have to lose the 2 weeks of tax.

RickT
10-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Cheers for the response.

I think i will eait till the end of the month to ensure i get my money's worth!

Rick