PDA

View Full Version : Please Help New Owner -> 1.4 Ibiza Chill 2001 has a few Probs

Debbie Parker
09-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Just bought a 51 plate Ibiza 1.4 Chill. Nice little car but have a few probs.

Apart from the lack of cables to fit a CD changer (really annoying) can anyone help on the following please?

1. The rear heated screen doesn't seem to work. The fuse is ok, and the wiring seems to be in order - any clues on this?

2. The engine, when driving along a road (like you do), the engine is a little juddery. Really annoying fault. The car has only done 56K and has had regular servicing - any clues on this anyone?

3. Can anyone lay their hands on the replacement Cassette Mechanism, this cars one is ker-nackered.

Thanks for reading, any help would be ace.

Debs.

Crasher
09-06-2009, 08:41 PM
In what way does the rear screen not work well? Is it slow to clear or are there areas that do not clear?

For the engine running fault there could be various reasons so I suggest a fault code read first which should cost you about £30 at an independent garage.

Replacement cassette mechanism in what way?

And what are you doing in the car to need the rear widow demister at this time of year anyway? :D

Debbie Parker
09-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Just to put your mind at ease, it was raining very heavily the other, and the car misted right up - the rear screen demister doesn't clear at all - it is dead. :D

I need the whole cassette mech from behind the facia panel.

Deb

Skeelsie
09-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Does the EPC light come on the dashboard in time with the juddering?

Crasher
09-06-2009, 11:22 PM
The heated rear window may have a failed switch or earth and this would need checking with a multimeter.

The cassette mechanism having failed is an ideal excuse for a new head unit with I Pod input or USB stick input, the choices are many.

Debbie Parker
10-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks Crasher - ~I have scoured the net for a CD head unit, but I don't think its availble. The cassette is behind a facia that displays all the radio staions/A/C setting and other stuff. Also the leads that should be there for a changer are missing. All in all, the Ibiza is doing my nut in.
Love the little car, but some things are never easy to sort.

julz
17-06-2009, 07:08 PM
hi,i have recently bought a ibiza sport and can appreciate the problems your having as the hifi drove me nuts when trying to find a cd changer ,luckily i have the cd bus lead pre fitted.after much searching i came across a cd changer on ebay for £50 which the seller said fitted any seat after 2000 which is perfect.there were also cd changers that had the lead that plugs into the back of your head unit on seats.my rear wiper and fogs were not working and i traced this to a faulty connector in the boot lid ,not sure if the heated screens wired through it but worth a try.good luck!;)