PDA

View Full Version : Service indicator

doobs
09-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I have seen some basic instructions on how to do this but
I do not have the supplement in my manual so I need to know the following as my 1.6FSI is on longlife servicing but as a new owner I wish to change to time and distance (t&d).

My question is if you do the "hold down 0.0 button while swtiching on etc" procedure are you permanently resetting to t&d and if so will it reset to a further 1 year/12000 miles from that point, or somehow know how much of the 1 year/12000 miles chunk is left and display this. I would like to know what t&d is due but am concerned about permanently resetting it in the middle of a long life service interval.
I think what i am trying to say is, is it possible to just temporarily display the t&d without permanently resetting it. If so, can someone clarify the procedure?

Ben_PoloGTI
10-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Thers no way of doing it without pluging it in and chnaging the values, t+d is 12 months or 10000 and longlife it 18,500 miles or 2 yrs, just get a dealer do it 4 u, if you have it on longlife make sure u put the right oil in the car, we use castrol slx longlife 3, 0w 30.