PDA

View Full Version : Help Required

doobs
09-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Just taken delivery of a 04 plate 1.6 FSI SE in silver - questions as follows

1. I have noticed that on all 4 alloys there is what seems like a grease/fluidy residue when you wipe the alloys with your finger - this seems more noticable on the front two alloys rather than the rear two alloys - what is this likely to be?

2. At present my alloys and front/rear VW badges are in good nick/not discoloured as I have seen on many MK5's - what is the best way of keeping them in good nick? - some sort of wax protection?

3. Although I have the auto dimming mirror (I have not seen it in action as yet but it has an on/off button underneath so I assume it has this function), and auto headlights, it appears I do not have the rain sensor for some reason. I say this as I do not have a rocker switch on the right hand stalk which I understand is linked to the rain sensor function. Is this correct that some 04 plate models did not have the rain sensor?

4. I have the 2zone climate control fitted (which I understand is fairly rare on the SE) but even after reading the manual don't fully understand the operation.
Is it true that "auto" button lit means the air con is permanently on or just on as and when needed, or is it not on at all?
Does "econ" button lit mean air con is off completely or on but working at reduced capacity?
If "econ" button is unlit does it mean air con is working instead?
If not, what button acually means the air is on?

Thanks in advance

Ben_PoloGTI
09-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi there, alloys with vw alway pit and corrode, the laquer comes off and it looks like a dirty residue is under the top layer, could get all 4 alloys replaced if it was in warranty, the centre caps always pit aswell but there only £5 a pop, auto means it will automatically turn ac on/off to keep the desired temperture in your car uve set it to, econ means the ac is off, when its lit up its off when there's no light on ac is wrkin, crnt remember wa else u said, hope ths has helped

STEWY L
09-06-2009, 06:35 PM
don't know about the rest,but as regards the rain sensing wipers, try moving the
stalk down to the off position,and back up to the first position.
that is how the mk1v works anyway( no switch on stalk)
i thought the rain sensor was part of the dipping mirror,and that they would both come
together with one of the options.
probably nowhere near the truth!!
regards,
stewy.