PDA

View Full Version : Question 2005 a8

oldgrowler
09-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi, does anyone know if a 2005 a8 mmi should display info regarding service ,oil change ,battery etc. I have just had ami fitted along with update and seem to have none of this info anymore, any help ?

Bacon
04-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi
I'll try again! I have a 2005 A8 3.0Tdi. The only info I get is for the battery (shows between 0 and 100%) seems to be constantly on 5%m but thats another issue.
I do not seem to be able to see the service, oil etc.
Regards

Bacon

Gerbil
07-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi, does anyone know if a 2005 a8 mmi should display info regarding service ,oil change ,battery etc. I have just had ami fitted along with update and seem to have none of this info anymore, any help ?

I have an 05 plate 3.0 petrol. My MMI does not show service intervals. Only the battery status. No info on service interval in the manual that came with the car either.

I have only been able to check the time to next service by asking a dealer to plug into the diagnostics.

cbcosta
14-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi Oldgrowler,

Just got a 2005 A8 new shape but the dealer told me i couldn't have AMI.

Gerbil
20-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi Oldgrowler,

Just got a 2005 A8 new shape but the dealer told me i couldn't have AMI.

Dealers seem a little vague on the A8 from time to time!

Mine told me they could fit AMI adapter but I would lose the CD player, so I declined. There is another thread here where people seem to have the AMI and it has had no impact on CD player!!

I would suggest you try asking another dealer.

Micha_elD
17-09-2009, 01:13 PM
MMI doesn't display service information, but you will get a reminder when you need a service within 28 days, it will display on the driver screen each time you turn on the car.

I don't have any connection with craigyb, but he seems a nice bloke and does get very good reviews from his customers, and has fitted loads of AMIs to A8s, his website is http://www.tclsatnav.com/index.html

He will know if its possible to fit AMI to your car