PDA

View Full Version : Just about to order new A3 Sportback - help needed with options urgently!

chiefwiggumpi
08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi guys

Sorry about the late timing of the request but im about to order my new A3 Sportback tommorow and have a few questions about my options if anyone is able to help?

1. A3 Sportback 2.0tdi Sport (Currently have a sport so know what spec level is like compared to other trims levels)
2. Ice Silver (currently have this colour so happy with my choice)
3. Adaptive headlights including xenons (Never had these before but the look and quality of lighting is second to none so worth it i feel)
4. 5 Spoke design alloy wheels (Same as whats on my current sport and love them look great easy to clean and in my opinion look better than new sport standard wheels)

Couple of other questions im not so sure about

1. I havent opted for the storage pack but will the boot still have the hooks on either side under the parcel shelf if i didnt go for this option? My current A3 has a storage compartment under the drivers seat and the two hooks in the boot but hasnt got any other storage areas so i dont think i bought it with the storage pack? It was an ex dealership showroom car hence i had no choice last time

2. Deletion of model and engine capacity at rear? Is it worth it? Anyone regret actually opting for this?

3. Non smokers pack - Instead of the ashtray that opens will if i went for this option still open and be similar in size but just without an ashtray and lighter in the centre compartment?

4. Bluetooth interfrace - I take it this is all i need to connect via bluetooth using the drivers information system?

Thanks once again for any prompt replies got to call the dealer first thing tommorow

slimbaldy
08-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Have you thought about a Quattro version, loads more grip and tyres last alot longer! And good for re-sale....

onemanparty
08-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Couple of other questions im not so sure about

2. Deletion of model and engine capacity at rear? Is it worth it? Anyone regret actually opting for this?

4. Bluetooth interfrace - I take it this is all i need to connect via bluetooth using the drivers information system?

Thanks once again for any prompt replies got to call the dealer first thing tommorow

Deletion of Model is up to you I do not like it but if you do why not.

Bluetooth interface is a good option just check that you mobile will bluetooth as some Mobiles still do not because of the amount of version available

P.S. Good Luck :beerchug:

kite
08-06-2009, 09:11 PM
interior light pack is a must.....

tlionhart
08-06-2009, 09:30 PM
1. I havent opted for the storage pack but will the boot still have the hooks on either side under the parcel shelf if i didnt go for this option? My current A3 has a storage compartment under the drivers seat and the two hooks in the boot but hasnt got any other storage areas so i dont think i bought it with the storage pack? It was an ex dealership showroom car hence i had no choice last time

I went for the luggage pack. Under the parcel shelf there are no hooks. So presume no without the storage pack. In my opinion the luggage pack is better. You get the boot 12V socket, and the net can fit over the whole boot floor. Or you can hook it up and put stuff like de-icer, cloth, map, etc. Only downside is when i put the seats down the net has to come down too. So this net can be hooked up or across. Hope that makes sense? Besides you could always order a new parcel shelf with the hooks on it right?

It is a personal preference. Scott did it to his A3 and loves it. Personally i like to have the model on. Im not too fussed about the engine capacity. Besides if you wanted to remove them you can. They are just stuck on.

3. Non smokers pack - Instead of the ashtray that opens will if i went for this option still open and be similar in size but just without an ashtray and lighter in the centre compartment?

Practically answered your own Question. :p The ligther turns into a 12v socket and you get a storage box/compartment. However i have the smokers pack and just replaced the lighter with the 'genuine audi torch'. :D

yes. And if you want a better signal and charging facility then the GSM phone prep. Prob is if your like me and upgrade every 18 months audi will only just come out with the cradle when you go to get your new phone! Double check this with the salesman though. But it seems sense...what else would you need to send bluetooth? The phone dials from the handset, using the bluetooth function. You just talk via the in car speakers and voice piece. But double check this as i mentioned.

some options worth considering:
-rear parking sensors. Saved my cars body work today! I don't rely on them but they help
-rain and light sensor pack Brilliant. Especially at night when other drivers try to blind you!

The rest are also great options but arn't a must.

As for the adaptive headlights, good job! :D I understand on the sport thats how you get them cool LED lights! Good choice!

Best of luck with the order! Don't forget to keep us updated!! :D

chiefwiggumpi
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks tlionheart with your thoughts i have considered what i need versus what i will actually use and i suppose its always personal choice and of course money!:D

Ive been through the options list and think ill stick to what i originally posted. As for the luggage pack maybe i wasnt very clear sorry. What i meant is that i currently have a hook either side in the boot just under the speaker shelves that are either side of the parcel shelf if that makes sense? I was wondering whether they will be in if i didnt opt for the luggage pack?

As for the deal ill expand when ive confirmed it hopefully tommorow but im pleased with agreement and as youre like me and change regularly ill hopefully be able to tell you more offers to look out for in the future!

tlionhart
08-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Thats what i was referring to. There are 2 hooks at the top (on either side of the boot) and 2 at the bottom. (on either side) If you brought the reversible boot-liner, you gotta cut the bit out so you can connect to the hooks. I think these hooks are in there as standard and the net is just what you gotta pay on top. I tried to take a photo this eve for you but didn't come out! The 2 hooks I would say are nearer the seat latches (so you can put the seats down) and the other 2 hooks are at the bottom.

Check this with the dealer, but im sure this is in there as standard. I understand what you mean. You really want to change you car, but to do so you gotta miss out on a few things in order to pay for it. I hope the PCP works out well for you. :)

Once again if there is anything your not sure of then just ask the salesman. Ideally get them to show you on a car they have either in the used or demo court. Not all salesman are product knowledgeable! So you may need to show them what you mean. Good luck with your agreement hope it works out for you :D

engineermk
09-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Storage pack -used tobe satandard on sport models but is now an option. the audi brouchure (downaloadable PDF from website) says the boot hooks (ideal for hanging shoppping bags) are part of this pack. So if you want the high level hooks you need this option.

My 07 Sport was ordered with bluetooth and mutifuction wheel, It works well with my blackberry even though Audi don't have a cradle fo my phone. I'd recommend it.

With regards to de-badging it's a personal thing. If i was ordering a 1.6 I'd def debadge.

chiefwiggumpi
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Just waiting for the dealer to get the ok from audi finance and im away but can anyone help if i ordered the bluetooth interface do i get the black aerial on the roof?

onemanparty
09-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Yes I believe you would

chiefwiggumpi
09-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks onemanparty

Ive been checking out some used cars fitted with bluetooth low interface (im ordering bluetoth interface not dashboard or arm rest) and some seem to have the black aerial and some dont i was wondering if it depends on what type of bluetooth connection you have or is it because those cars have sat nav and thats why they have the aerial?

onemanparty
10-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks onemanparty

Ive been checking out some used cars fitted with bluetooth low interface (im ordering bluetoth interface not dashboard or arm rest) and some seem to have the black aerial and some dont i was wondering if it depends on what type of bluetooth connection you have or is it because those cars have sat nav and thats why they have the aerial?

Being the new Bluetooth interface I would check with a dealer as I have not had a A3 with Bluetooth only Mobile Phone Prep

chiefwiggumpi
10-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Final update....

A3 2.0tdi Sportback ordered for september 1st delivery.

Options chosen

Ice Silver
5 arm design alloy wheel
Xenons with adaptive lights and LED daytime running lights
Bluetooth
Luggage Pack
Non smokers pack

Finally spoke to a dealer that was interested in my money if anyone wants any further advice on where i bought it please get in touch!

onemanparty
11-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi is it an SE, Sport or Sline?

Congratulations by the way

chiefwiggumpi
11-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Sorry Sport model!

Looking forward to it!

tlionhart
11-06-2009, 01:42 PM
cheif dont forget to follow the forums trend and put your photos on when you get the car!! When did they say it will be here?

chiefwiggumpi
11-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Will do mate!

Dealer has told me that it will be here for delivery 1st september factory order. Do you think thats too optimistic?

tlionhart
11-06-2009, 02:35 PM
nope. Sounds about right. And it will be a 59' plate! :D

chiefwiggumpi
11-06-2009, 03:00 PM
just for your info put an update on my thread re the bluetooth interface. In summary spoke to dealer and changed to phone prep low in centre armrest. That was get aerial on roof and voice control and hopefully better reception?!

Also put a note on regarding factory order times and at what point its too late to change. I was concerned as the dealer never called back until an hour ago and i was worried it might be too late. He assured me it isnt but people need to be aware how tight it can be according to the dealer in terms of factory orders being locked by audi and no more changes!

By the way where are the pics you mentioned?

blakey
11-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I took no smoking package and think it was a god choice, basically you get a well under dash console and lighter socket moves to near the gear stick as a 12v socket. Ice Silver and privacy glass looks class.

tlionhart
12-06-2009, 09:15 AM
blakey is there a chance of a photo of the centre unit. (non smokers pack) ?

Cheif the photos have been archived i think. So you can add them to this thread :beerchug:

Which audi did you order your car from?

chiefwiggumpi
12-06-2009, 09:00 PM
No worries ill add them when i get the car....i ordered the car via orangewheels who in turn forwarded my enquiry to york audi part of the gilder group. Got the best discount i could find on the net and far better than any audi dealer who in fact never bothered to call back and when they did were like yeah its list price or nothing.....so annoying.

I feel like ringing back all the dealer principles for the audi garages i called to say by the way your loss but hey their loss is my gain. Im happy with the deal which to me is the most important thing and by the way another reason i went for a further pcp is that starting sept i managed to secure 7%apr which in this day and age seems a reasonable deal and better than any loan/hp rate.

Have you got any pics of your A3 you can show tlionheart?

Finally totally off the subject what do you use to clean/wax/protect your bodywork?

tlionhart
13-06-2009, 11:23 AM
check them out here; http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63603

Thats a good PCP offer. How long have you got it for?

I clean it by first hosing/jet washing the dirt off. Then use autosmart shampoo/wax. Rinse this off and dry using a chamois leather. Then i use AUTOGLYM products. I don't polish it often but i do i use the 'super resin'.

The wax i use is 'ultra deepshine wax', followed by 'high definition' wax. If i need to clean the windows i use the glass cleaner by autoglym. I apply it all glass surfaces including the rear and forward lights.

As for the alloys i have a separate bucket and pour in some cheap turtle car shampoo. And wash the wheels with a microfibre cloth.

chiefwiggumpi
13-06-2009, 12:25 PM
PCP over a further 3 years im comfortable with that and £9500 to pay at the end or trade in but as i always say ill never pay the final settlement fugure but this time well see marriage next year and then bin lids no doubt so well see how the finances work out!:confused:

As for cleaning im reasonably similar to you..ill wash with turtle wax zip wax super concentrate all over with either a hose or power was depending on how mucky cars are this time of year though mainly hose as cars arent too bad. Then ill wash off with hose, chamois using autoglym auqa dry and the same with the wheels. Once dry if windows need it use AG glass cleaner bit chalky though i find if you put too much on and can leave white power over dashboard if im not careful....then as today for my missus car ill be either diamondbrite stage 1 and 2 followed by AG extra gloss protection followed by rain x on all windows and lights outside and finished with extra gloss protection on alloys.

Im the same dont tend to use super resin polish much no need when i keep on top of it with extra gloss car never needs to be waxed just cleaned and protected. Is the HD wax any good? Looks pricey is it in any good? Thinking of treating new car to it if its any good?

Finally not received any confirmation of order through post which is slightly worrying might call dealer on mon morn even though he called on thursday to confirm be nice to see in writing the spec!

chiefwiggumpi
13-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Sorry just remembered forgot to say...nice car liking the white a lot. Not my choice of colour but i think thats because im too set in my ways with silver. Have to say though with the alloys and colour v v nice with the bright led at the front. Never really thought how good white paint and white led's at front would look?! Is it too latye to change my colour??! Joke!

Anyway heres mine........

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=54271